Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A friend's SO did this and she is ok with it, would you be ok with it?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a friend who I have know for 2 years, one day she and her SO showed up at my kid's school for a play. I knew she had step children who went to the school, what I didn't know is that the step children's mother is NOT her DH's ex, she is legally, still his wife I figured that out when the wife introduced herself as "his wife". Later that night my friend called and explained everything to me. She (the wife) is Catholic and refuses to get divorced, even when her DH asked her for one. They struck a deal that he wouldn't have to pay child support or alimony for any of their 3 kids, which would be a substantial amount if they didn't get divorced. They both go to the same church and at church, his wife is his wife, my friend and her kids can't even go to church with him. At his family gatherings, his family and the wife's  family treat them like they are still married (yes, everyone knows about my friend and the 2 kids he has with her), my friend doesn't even go to them. I can't imagine living like this, they can't ever get legally married, in most peoples eyes, she is the other woman. I asked her why she would go along with this and she said it's because she "loves him". Would you go along with this?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Replies (281-290):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

You're friend is dumb for settling for that.

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Um, fuck no.

He's a bad father, for one thing.

LyndseyBlake980
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

im confused are you friends with the woman who wont divorce him or wants to marry him

clp0930
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:48 AM

No. I feel sorry the wife for putting p with this nonsense. I feel sorry for your friend for having such a low self-opinion that she would go along with it. They should both ditch the loser.

jsr87
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Hell no. Do I look like a chump?

jesistar6910
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Nope. You choose me or her, period.

Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:18 AM

That's bull him saying that the wife won't give him a divorce. If he wants to get one he can get one. Consdiering they have been I"m guessing seperated for quite some time (seeing as your friend and her man are living together) he would be able to get a divorce with none to little problems. Dude is messed up is all I"m saying. Though, if you're friend knew this stuff going into the relationship and kept going with it, it's not like she has any case for being upset or something. 

WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Nope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:20 AM

no thats ridiculous

bellawomen
by Summer on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:23 AM
He seems like a pushover. No way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)