Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was a bully. ***update***

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM
  • 160 Replies
I'm not hiding who I am. I'm not ashamed of my actions because I was a child. I was a foster child, I lived in 11 homes from 4-9, then returned to my mother which was not a good family home. I was lonely, unloved and very angry. I was always bought things, had the newest best toys as soon as they came out. But I was missing a family.

When I was 7, visting my mother, a bunch of older boys stole my bike. Knocked me off of it and took it. I went home crying. My mother locked me out of the house and told me I could not come back in until I had my bike. I had to do what I had to do, and I got my bike back. She encouraged the violence, and that along with the other feelings I had led to me being a bully.

I preyed on the weak and the ones that didnt fit in. I preyed on girly girls. Cheerleaders, girls that were too loose in my opinion. If they were labeled a slut, I was bullying them to make them feel worse about themselves. I never missed a beat, if someone messed up, I was there to call attention to it.

When I had my children, I knew what to teach them. Self respect, self esteem and morals. I knew to give them self worth so they knew they were not any less then another person. I was involved with them, I knew what was going on at all times. They are adults and yes, of course they were picked on in schools, everyone is. But they knew how to handle it. How to not let it get to them. An they had a strong family to come home to. And I taught them that violence is not an option. I formed relationships with the parents of their friends. All important aspects to stop bullying.

***I am surprised at the amount of people that are saying I'm proud and not remorseful. Where is anyone reading this?! I'm simply saying how it was and why. I'm saying I turned myself around and did not allow my children to be bullies or victims. I'm sorry some of you were picked on, and that it left a lasting impression. Are all adults responsible for the mistakes they made as a child?
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
You sound proud. Are you remorseful?
epoh
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Have you made any attempts to apologize to the people you hurt?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon1980
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this
At least you stopped they cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Some are bullies. Some are bullied. All grow up. We live and learn, and I appreciate that you don't repeat the cycle. I was bullied. My kids are starting to be bullied due to their race. I'm moving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM
How old are you? How old are your children?
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Some are bullies. Some are bullied. All grow up. We live and learn, and I appreciate that you don't repeat the cycle. I was bullied. My kids are starting to be bullied due to their race. I'm moving.

What is their race?

With light and love

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:29 AM
3 moms liked this
I can't believe how proud you sound. I was bullied heavily in high school because I was quiet and a nerd. I hated every day of school and graduation was a bittersweet escape. And now here you are spouting off your indifference to making other peoples lives hell. It's sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catchup29
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:29 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

You sound proud. Are you remorseful?

Not proud, I just understand my actions. We can't change the past. We can only try to improve the future. Which I did with my children.
PerfectVirgo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:31 AM
White. In a suburb very close to Detroit. We've all been bullied, me and my children. :( they even threw my clothes out of the washer and onto the floor in the basement and laughed about it.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

What is their race?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catchup29
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Quoting epoh:

Have you made any attempts to apologize to the people you hurt?

I haven't sought them out. I ran into one a year ago at a social function at our hatch club. She was still hanging around with 3 people from high school. She came up to me and hugged me and said that the past is the past. But, then an hour later her friends kept eyeing me up and walking in front of me, as if they wanted a fight. I'm 41, all of that is over. I left out of respect for her, and allowed them to think they scared me off. My husband who was my BFF in high school was proud of me, because 10 years ago I was still the old me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured