Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was a bully. ***update***

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm not hiding who I am. I'm not ashamed of my actions because I was a child. I was a foster child, I lived in 11 homes from 4-9, then returned to my mother which was not a good family home. I was lonely, unloved and very angry. I was always bought things, had the newest best toys as soon as they came out. But I was missing a family.

When I was 7, visting my mother, a bunch of older boys stole my bike. Knocked me off of it and took it. I went home crying. My mother locked me out of the house and told me I could not come back in until I had my bike. I had to do what I had to do, and I got my bike back. She encouraged the violence, and that along with the other feelings I had led to me being a bully.

I preyed on the weak and the ones that didnt fit in. I preyed on girly girls. Cheerleaders, girls that were too loose in my opinion. If they were labeled a slut, I was bullying them to make them feel worse about themselves. I never missed a beat, if someone messed up, I was there to call attention to it.

When I had my children, I knew what to teach them. Self respect, self esteem and morals. I knew to give them self worth so they knew they were not any less then another person. I was involved with them, I knew what was going on at all times. They are adults and yes, of course they were picked on in schools, everyone is. But they knew how to handle it. How to not let it get to them. An they had a strong family to come home to. And I taught them that violence is not an option. I formed relationships with the parents of their friends. All important aspects to stop bullying.

***I am surprised at the amount of people that are saying I'm proud and not remorseful. Where is anyone reading this?! I'm simply saying how it was and why. I'm saying I turned myself around and did not allow my children to be bullies or victims. I'm sorry some of you were picked on, and that it left a lasting impression. Are all adults responsible for the mistakes they made as a child?
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Replies (41-50):
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:52 AM
We probably would have beat the shit out of each other a lot. I was bullied until I tried to kill myself in 8th grade, I went to a hospital until 9th. When I got out nothing had changed, they were still mean to me. So one day I knocked one of them out. It felt amazing. After that anytime any one of the people who bullied me would walk past I would trip them, knock things out of their hands. I called them names till they cried.
I ended up ruining one of their lives so bad she had to move. I loved harassing them. I loved making them cry. I never bullied anybody that didn't have it coming in my opinion.
Believe it or not when I tripped them, they wouldn't do anything, just get up and leave.
One of them called me one night and asked why I was so mean to them, I asked her if she had remembered telling me to go kill myself because I was so ugly and nobody loved me. She said yes, but that we were all just kids then. I told her I actually tried to kill myself because of you girls, now I'm stronger than you are and you will be as miserable as I was.

I realize now I went to far, I should have stopped with knocking that girl out but it felt good to be on top, it was nice that nobody wanted to talk to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Did anyone ever call you out on your shit? If you were calling out everyone else did you expect the same? Most girls who are "loose" during school already feel bad about themselves. They don't need someone like you to do it. 

winkyloafer
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:53 AM
I was, in a way, too. Regardless of who you were in your past, don't let it shape who you are today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Speaking as someone who was bullied all throught elementary and junior high, I have no pity for you.

I also had it rough at home, abd school was my escape until a bully moved to my school.

She made my life miserable. I'm glad you stopped the cycle, but my bully came back many many many years later into my life and apologized. I forgave her.

There is no excuse for bullying. And if one bullies my child, God help them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:02 AM
So because you had a "hard" life, you had to make other people miserable.

Misery loves company?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Im from detroit and yes detroit sucks and so does the people.. people use to try to bully me but i wouldnt let them. They were always looking for someone to mess with.. i went to worse school..

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

White. In a suburb very close to Detroit. We've all been bullied, me and my children. :( they even threw my clothes out of the washer and onto the floor in the basement and laughed about it.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Some are bullies. Some are bullied. All grow up. We live and learn, and I appreciate that you don't repeat the cycle. I was bullied. My kids are starting to be bullied due to their race. I'm moving.

What is their race?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM
The fact that you have absolutely no remorse makes me sick. I had a hard life also, I never resorted to bullying.
catchup29
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Quoting Misha1204:

So because you had a "hard" life, you had to make other people miserable.

Misery loves company?

Yes. That is true. Misery loves company. Again, good lord, I was a child myself. I'm not the same as adult.
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds like you really feel guilty about your past.  It's in the past.  God has forgiven you. Let it go.

catchup29
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Quoting TexasWife:

Did anyone ever call you out on your shit? If you were calling out everyone else did you expect the same? Most girls who are "loose" during school already feel bad about themselves. They don't need someone like you to do it. 

A few times people stood up to me. And I left them alone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)