Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

all the name hate posts.....

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM
  • 17 Replies
Honestly, what's wrong with Brayden? (Braden, etc. However it's spelt.)

I ‚ô• my son's name, and how we decided on it... so why is it on some of the "most hated" lists?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jdy9440
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:30 AM
There is nothing wrong with it, ignore them.
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I don't regret it at all. I'm honestly curious.

:) and thank you

Quoting jdy9440:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Because its incredibly common. It's difficult for children in the class and for parents as well to get all the Brayden, ayden, jayden, and kayden's straight when there's more than 3 in every class.

I'm sure similar feelings were felt about all the Jennifer's and Jessica's of the 80s and 90s.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:33 AM
"den" "din" "dyn" ugh!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
It's just the overuse. It's a decent name. It's just so common and a spin off of the "-aden" that is EVERYWHERE.
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I'm a Sarah born in '88. Lol so I know the feeling.
I had honestly never heard it here until after ds was born, and now I see it everywhere! We heard it in Ireland back in 2010 and decided on it then- before we got pregnant. (We honeymooned there)

So it's just because it's overused? That's not so bad I guess.

Quoting epoh:

Because its incredibly common. It's difficult for children in the class and for parents as well to get all the Brayden, ayden, jayden, and kayden's straight when there's more than 3 in every class.

I'm sure similar feelings were felt about all the Jennifer's and Jessica's of the 80s and 90s.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I think so. And FTR, I named my oldest Ayda (after the woman in The Piano) back in 2002. Imagine my inward sighs when it became trendy a few years later.

There's nothing wrong with the names themselves. :)

Quoting xomrs.chase:

I had honestly never heard it here until after ds was born, and now I see it everywhere! We heard it in Ireland back in 2010 and decided on it then- before we got pregnant. (We honeymooned there)

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Braden is an English/ Celtic name lol. It's old... not a spin off.
I just didn't want it pronounced brah-den by fellow new Englanders lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's just the overuse. It's a decent name. It's just so common and a spin off of the "-aden" that is EVERYWHERE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I know the feeling! I didn't see a Colin anywhere until.after ds was born. There were 2 in his class last year! Luckilly they were spelled different lol

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Quoting jdy9440:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured