Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you judge other females by the amount of sexual partners ..(edit at bottom)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: When it comes to calling women whores , sluts and the like..

Options:

I do it and don't see a problem with it.

I have done it , but do see a problem with it.

I don't call women those names.

something else.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 197

View Results

Do you judge other females by the amount of sexual partners they have had? Do you "slut shame" others? Use terms like whore etc. to describe women you don't like? -

personally , I find it all kind of revolting and don't understand why other women still do it. I read an article once that tried to answer this question , (wish I could find the article , it was very interesting)  basically it said that women often do this in order to try and please men ..By being " A Different kind of women" and thereby fitting more into their "boys club". I could understand the thinking .

I recall as a younger teen wanting to gain approval of men and I knew early on that putting down some women seemed to help get me "in" with these neanderthals . I have since grown up and realized that there are men who have evolved past this type of anti-women garbage and now those are the men that my husband and I choose to be around.

Still I catch myself thinking ; "What a slut...." , when I see a female I don't like . I am trying to remain conscience of this and change this internal dialogue. I am raising daughters and I hope they grow up in a world that isn't so happy to put down females in such a way....thoughts???

* And , of course , this isn't just about how many men a womens slept with ...women are called these names for lots of reasons . 

don't like her ? call her a whore.

she dresses in a way you don't like ? Must be she is a slut

she stood up for herself? what a whore 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

I don't call others names or anything like that. Yet I'm not going to lie, I don't understand sleeping around. I know I personally could never do it, I would feel dirty. I could never have sex with someone unless I was in love with them and in a committed relationship. What others do with their body is their business.

If it works for you then that's all that matters ..right?

But I don't understand the idea that sex makes anyone "dirty" .

piratepixie
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

no, i think it takes more then the number of sexual partners to turn you into a whore, i only try to call people names that i think they truely deserve..

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I am not saying it would make anyone else dirty, I guess I didn't word it right. I just wouldn't feel good about myself if I gave myself to a man I was not in a loving and committed relationship with.
do11face
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:22 PM
It only divides us as women. Shaming and name calling are not ok to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting do11face:

I agree. 

Do you ever catch yourself though ? I think it's almost ingrained in us from being born into a culture that is still somewhat misogynistic. Am I the only one who has to make a conscience effort to not feed into it? - Not that I have such thoughts often , but it happens.

I see slut shaming in many areas , not just regarding sex partners. But topics like abortion , marriage etc will bring this kind of rhetoric out , imo.

Miss.Mommie.
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:27 PM
I am 23 and have slept with...well, I couldn't tell you the exact number. Probably close to 100. I love sex and get bored easily. When I see an attractive male, I go for it. I practice safe sex and this is never around my children. That one night a week I get, I use wisely. I have no room to judge, so no I do not call other women those names. I have been called those names many many times though. I just don't see what is wrong with two consenting, single adults having safe sex. That's usually the unpopular opinion, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
do11face
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:29 PM
When I was young, yes. I do my best to not make judgements about people when I don't know their story. Everyone has had their own battles to fight and has their own pain. I try and always remember that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting do11face:

I agree. 

Do you ever catch yourself though ? I think it's almost ingrained in us from being born into a culture that is still somewhat misogynistic. Am I the only one who has to make a conscience effort to not feed into it? - Not that I have such thoughts often , but it happens.

I see slut shaming in many areas , not just regarding sex partners. But topics like abortion , marriage etc will bring this kind of rhetoric out , imo.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Quoting Miss.Mommie.:

I am 23 and have slept with...well, I couldn't tell you the exact number. Probably close to 100. I love sex and get bored easily. When I see an attractive male, I go for it. I practice safe sex and this is never around my children. That one night a week I get, I use wisely. I have no room to judge, so no I do not call other women those names. I have been called those names many many times though. I just don't see what is wrong with two consenting, single adults having safe sex. That's usually the unpopular opinion, though.

I think consenting adults should enjoy sex , why not? it feels good ! We are wired to enjoy sex , why deny ourselves ? Sure we should be responsible and use protection , not have children around , not have sex with people in committed relationships etc etc but otherwise ..why not? I say Go for it !!

catrig
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:30 PM

No.  I take issue with people not using condoms,  when sleeping with people they know nothing about.  I had a 'friend' who would do that all the time.  I don't care how many people you sleep with as long as you're being safe.  Then the drama filled phone calls would start whe her period was late.

Miss.Mommie.
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Yes, I know women who think like you do. I guess it all depends on how someone views sex and the like. Oh, I also hate when women or men call a woman 'loose'. Like really?! I just wanna scream when I hear that! If a vagina can birth a child and go back to normal, I'm pretty sure a dick isn't phasing it. Lol. Or, women who are married and exclaim that many sexual partners makes one's vagina loose. Hmm..does having sex with your husband everyday make you loose? Just things I wonder sometimes!

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not saying it would make anyone else dirty, I guess I didn't word it right. I just wouldn't feel good about myself if I gave myself to a man I was not in a loving and committed relationship with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)