Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you judge other females by the amount of sexual partners ..(edit at bottom)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: When it comes to calling women whores , sluts and the like..

Options:

I do it and don't see a problem with it.

I have done it , but do see a problem with it.

I don't call women those names.

something else.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 197

View Results

Do you judge other females by the amount of sexual partners they have had? Do you "slut shame" others? Use terms like whore etc. to describe women you don't like? -

personally , I find it all kind of revolting and don't understand why other women still do it. I read an article once that tried to answer this question , (wish I could find the article , it was very interesting)  basically it said that women often do this in order to try and please men ..By being " A Different kind of women" and thereby fitting more into their "boys club". I could understand the thinking .

I recall as a younger teen wanting to gain approval of men and I knew early on that putting down some women seemed to help get me "in" with these neanderthals . I have since grown up and realized that there are men who have evolved past this type of anti-women garbage and now those are the men that my husband and I choose to be around.

Still I catch myself thinking ; "What a slut...." , when I see a female I don't like . I am trying to remain conscience of this and change this internal dialogue. I am raising daughters and I hope they grow up in a world that isn't so happy to put down females in such a way....thoughts???

* And , of course , this isn't just about how many men a womens slept with ...women are called these names for lots of reasons . 

don't like her ? call her a whore.

she dresses in a way you don't like ? Must be she is a slut

she stood up for herself? what a whore 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Replies (241-245):
startupscafe
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Many multitudes of people take on that belief about the Bible.  Why do they do that?

If someone steals and is a thief, he wouldn't be concerned about searching the law to see if stealing was a crime that would put him in jail.  Neither would someone who is sinning against God be concerned about what God has to say about their sin, that their sin would send them to hell.  They would rather not know or search it out because they have a conscience telling them that what they are doing is wrong.  Conscience:  "con" means with; "science" means knowledge.  When someone commits sin, they are doing it "with knowledge" that it is wrong.

I would rather that they search it out for themselves to find out what God has to say about their sin so that they can see that they are headed for hell, so that they can repent of their sins and turn to God to save them.  Just as if someone was out in the middle of the street with headphones on, being unaware that a big truck is headed right toward them, and I would rather push them out of the way of danger than let them become a pancake.  I would rather that they be saved from the danger.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting startupscafe:

I believe in god but don't take the bible very literal. The bible was written by man even if he was told by god what to write it was still influenced by man's thoughts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM

wtf are you talking about?

Most of the time people don't need to be pushed out of their own ( I'm guessing that's what your truck analogy is attempting to say) but even if you wanted to push someone towards your god , it's simply not your place.

Regardless the OP is not about finding god it's about JUDGEING women and using derogatory language to punish them regardless of what they have done or not done.

Quoting startupscafe:

Many multitudes of people take on that belief about the Bible.  Why do they do that?

If someone steals and is a thief, he wouldn't be concerned about searching the law to see if stealing was a crime that would put him in jail.  Neither would someone who is sinning against God be concerned about what God has to say about their sin, that their sin would send them to hell.  They would rather not know or search it out because they have a conscience telling them that what they are doing is wrong.  Conscience:  "con" means with; "science" means knowledge.  When someone commits sin, they are doing it "with knowledge" that it is wrong.

I would rather that they search it out for themselves to find out what God has to say about their sin so that they can see that they are headed for hell, so that they can repent of their sins and turn to God to save them.  Just as if someone was out in the middle of the street with headphones on, being unaware that a big truck is headed right toward them, and I would rather push them out of the way of danger than let them become a pancake.  I would rather that they be saved from the danger.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting startupscafe:

I believe in god but don't take the bible very literal. The bible was written by man even if he was told by god what to write it was still influenced by man's thoughts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I agree Lori !!!!

Quoting LoriLou75:

Honestly, promoting purity is harmful to both sexes. I don't think holding boys to the same shameful standards makes it any bit better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lillymygirl:

A females role in the family is to stay pure until her wedding day. If a women doesn't do this then she is usually of loose moral character and I call it like I see it. My father took great pride in protecting me when I was growing into a woman and I believe more fathers need to step up to the plate and be there for their girls. Now a days there are so many sexual messages aimed at these girls and fathers are needed more then ever.

Highlighted in red is my problem withe the "purity" belief. I will never believe in something that singles out women like that. If you want to promote that, apply it to girls AND boys. If it's that important to you, then it should not be aimed at only females.

Brenna
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I don't use those words.  But I have no respect for women who have slept around.

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Lillymygirl:

A females role in the family is to stay pure until her wedding day. If a women doesn't do this then she is usually of loose moral character and I call it like I see it. My father took great pride in protecting me when I was growing into a woman and I believe more fathers need to step up to the plate and be there for their girls. Now a days there are so many sexual messages aimed at these girls and fathers are needed more then ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN