Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you judge other females by the amount of sexual partners ..(edit at bottom)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: When it comes to calling women whores , sluts and the like..

Options:

I do it and don't see a problem with it.

I have done it , but do see a problem with it.

I don't call women those names.

something else.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 197

View Results

Do you judge other females by the amount of sexual partners they have had? Do you "slut shame" others? Use terms like whore etc. to describe women you don't like? -

personally , I find it all kind of revolting and don't understand why other women still do it. I read an article once that tried to answer this question , (wish I could find the article , it was very interesting)  basically it said that women often do this in order to try and please men ..By being " A Different kind of women" and thereby fitting more into their "boys club". I could understand the thinking .

I recall as a younger teen wanting to gain approval of men and I knew early on that putting down some women seemed to help get me "in" with these neanderthals . I have since grown up and realized that there are men who have evolved past this type of anti-women garbage and now those are the men that my husband and I choose to be around.

Still I catch myself thinking ; "What a slut...." , when I see a female I don't like . I am trying to remain conscience of this and change this internal dialogue. I am raising daughters and I hope they grow up in a world that isn't so happy to put down females in such a way....thoughts???

* And , of course , this isn't just about how many men a womens slept with ...women are called these names for lots of reasons . 

don't like her ? call her a whore.

she dresses in a way you don't like ? Must be she is a slut

she stood up for herself? what a whore 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM
I can't imagine when it would come up where I'd be chatting irl and how many partners we have had comes up, so how would I judge exactly. I have also have never had enough hate for someone I know or don't enough to call them such names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

And it's definitely not just about how many partners a womens had. I'm a bit confused by all the replies talking about # of sex partners .. Women who are virgins are called sluts , women in committed relationships etc etc.. So much more then really being about nuber of sexual partners. Where did I go wrong writting the OP ?

Quoting LoriLou75:

I try to not judge other women in these "slut shaming" ways. I admit though, at times it is difficult, it has been soo hammered into all of us, I think even the strongest feminist at times struggles with this. I am trying to raise my children better, thats all I can do. I recognize the problem and address it. KWIM?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:09 PM
What does it take to turn a female into a whore ?

Quoting piratepixie:

no, i think it takes more then the number of sexual partners to turn you into a whore, i only try to call people names that i think they truely deserve..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Women call other women these names regardless of how many people they have or haven't had sex with. I would venture to guess that most of the time such terms are used that information isn't known anyway.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

I can't imagine when it would come up where I'd be chatting irl and how many partners we have had comes up, so how would I judge exactly. I have also have never had enough hate for someone I know or don't enough to call them such names.
piratepixie
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:14 PM

i can really care less about how many guys a gal hooks up with, i mean thats her thing but if she is trying to actively steal other guys or get in the middle of stuff... cause or start drama that will disrupt other relationships then i can consider them a whore...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting piratepixie:

no, i think it takes more then the number of sexual partners to turn you into a whore, i only try to call people names that i think they truely deserve..

mcclainprincess
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Meh.. Doesn't really bother me w/ how many sexual partners a person has as long as it's safe sex they're having or they're not cheating on their spouse.  I'm a single woman now and I can't wait to have a new sexual partner.. if I can damn find him.. lol..  

I think it weirds me out more when women save themselves for marriage, but are A-OK w/ the man they decide to marry having had sex w/ multiple women already..  

Lillymygirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM

You don't need to know how many people a woman's slept to be able to tell she's a whore.

Quoting Charlene4:

I don't know how many people any of the women I know have slept with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM

So immature , rude or attention seeking makes a women a whore? how do you figure? And why is it acceptable to call her a whore over such behaviours?

Quoting piratepixie:

i can really care less about how many guys a gal hooks up with, i mean thats her thing but if she is trying to actively steal other guys or get in the middle of stuff... cause or start drama that will disrupt other relationships then i can consider them a whore...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting piratepixie:

piratepixie
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM

the only woman i have called a whore was the tramp that my ex husband was screwing around with, other then that i try not to call people names but in her case i really do think she's a whore seeing that she admitted that she would stop at nothing to get my man....

Quoting Anonymous:

So immature , rude or attention seeking makes a women a whore? how do you figure? And why is it acceptable to call her a whore over such behaviours?

Quoting piratepixie:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting piratepixie:

Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM

right because women are only called whore if they have X amount of sex partners. Give me a break , women are called these derogatory names for all sorts of reasons and its mostly NOT about how many sex partners she's had. I think it's usually jealousy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nobody I associate with advertises the number. So no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)