Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh... CPS

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So a friend of mine from my son's playgroup has a litte boy who was born with club feet..... he had surgery to correct it and had to have casts on his legs (when he was a baby)...

Well she got a visit from  CPS over it, just because he has casts on his legs. CPS didn't do anything of course, once they found he had club feet, but seriously?!?!? Someone out there (she thinks a neighbor) called CPS just becacuse he had casts on his legs. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:00 PM

UGH! So sorry you've been through that? Can you move? That's what I would do.

Quoting anon1986East:

I've had CPS at my house 4 or 5 times now over ridiculous allegations, most of which were reported by a pissed off neighbor. I've had issues with them for years, and CPS always shows up within a week after a big fight with the neighbors. One time they called and said "someone" had recently been in my house and claimed to see shit and piss stains all over my kid's beds...none of my kids wet the bed and they certainly don't shit the bed either. Another allegation was that my dog has a severely infected wound by his eye that was covered in puss...I had to bring my dog out and show the investigator that not only did my dog not have an infected wound on his eye but that in his 2 years of life he has never had any kind of wound near his eye - I even pulled out the file with all his vet records in them. Another allegation was that one of my girls was outside naked clutching a small blanket to herself to cover up her body and that she was out there all alone...both of my girls were toddlers then, 3 and 4 years old, if either of them had been outside naked they certainly wouldn't have tried to cover themselves - they loved being naked at that age.

While I agree with the fact that people can report suspected abuse anonymously I think the reported should be required to at least inform CPS of their name because there really needs to be some kind of consequence for making false reports, all it does is waste time and money for the state to investigate.

Just like a friend of mine, she has had some really outrageous allegations claimed against her...each one by her ex-husband and each report was made right before he filed for custody (4 times now in 4 years and every time the judge does not grant his custody petition because he doesn't have any proof that my friend is a bad mom or that the kids would be better off with him so he uses CPS as a weapon, hoping that just the fact that they have investigated allegations would be enough to win him custody even though every investigation ends with the CPS worker apologizing to my friend for wasting her time).

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Sorry you went through that :( I would be so mad :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I had CPS come to my house because of a dog bite - I had even sent the note from the hospital to the school because he'd missed a couple of days.  Who called CPS?  The school, because they suspected medical neglect... uhm, hello?  Dr note, in his file.  Look at it.

WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM
People can be such judgmental jerks. My dd fell off the bed while playing with her brothers, and fractured her wrist. You should've seen the death glares I got when we left the clinic and she had a cast on her arm.

Honestly though, I used to always wonder how a baby would get broken bones, especially when they're tiny. Guess I know now.
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Happened to my mom with me. My collar bone broke during delivery and I had to be in a sling. No one called CPS but she got a lot of inquires about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anon1986East
by Kali on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I wish I could but I love this house, besides that one neighbor I love the rest of the neighborhood and it's close to family. The investigations are more of an annoyance than anything, they send the same worker out every time so she now starts with "I know you're probably sick of me but I do legally have to check things out. Do you have coffee?" At this point she usually schedules her home visits for the end of the day so we can just chat and share a couple cups of coffee before she goes home for the day though it's been almost a year since my neighbors have called to report something. I was sure they'd call after a big fight I had with them this past summer, my 11 year old cousin was sitting in my yard on the edge of the driveway tossing little pebbles and I was watching him the whole time but then the old man from next door came out screaming and cussing at him claiming he was throwing rocks at his house! My aunt and I went over and then the old lady started talking shit to my aunt, saying how bad of a kid my cousin is and how he's on his third mommy - my aunt is no longer with her son's dad and he's recently moved in with his new girlfriend. All that coming from a woman whose 43 year old son still lives at home, doesn't work and has been arrested multiple times for being drunk, abusing his mom and grandmother, and setting off pipe bombs in his basement.

Quoting Anonymous:

UGH! So sorry you've been through that? Can you move? That's what I would do.

Quoting anon1986East:

I've had CPS at my house 4 or 5 times now over ridiculous allegations, most of which were reported by a pissed off neighbor. I've had issues with them for years, and CPS always shows up within a week after a big fight with the neighbors. One time they called and said "someone" had recently been in my house and claimed to see shit and piss stains all over my kid's beds...none of my kids wet the bed and they certainly don't shit the bed either. Another allegation was that my dog has a severely infected wound by his eye that was covered in puss...I had to bring my dog out and show the investigator that not only did my dog not have an infected wound on his eye but that in his 2 years of life he has never had any kind of wound near his eye - I even pulled out the file with all his vet records in them. Another allegation was that one of my girls was outside naked clutching a small blanket to herself to cover up her body and that she was out there all alone...both of my girls were toddlers then, 3 and 4 years old, if either of them had been outside naked they certainly wouldn't have tried to cover themselves - they loved being naked at that age.

While I agree with the fact that people can report suspected abuse anonymously I think the reported should be required to at least inform CPS of their name because there really needs to be some kind of consequence for making false reports, all it does is waste time and money for the state to investigate.

Just like a friend of mine, she has had some really outrageous allegations claimed against her...each one by her ex-husband and each report was made right before he filed for custody (4 times now in 4 years and every time the judge does not grant his custody petition because he doesn't have any proof that my friend is a bad mom or that the kids would be better off with him so he uses CPS as a weapon, hoping that just the fact that they have investigated allegations would be enough to win him custody even though every investigation ends with the CPS worker apologizing to my friend for wasting her time).

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Quoting anon1986East:

cps came to our house 5 times inall the reports there was supposedly dirty diapers all over the floor which was in all the reports and was never true i had breakfast dishes on my counter and i missed a peice of macaroni when i vaccuumed under the table i busted my as* cleaning and when she showed up i was told you should just sign your 2 yr old over i flipped out on her it was harassment we moved

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM
what a fucking dumbass... If the kid had CASTS and it was foul play the doctor or hospital that put the f'n casts on would have called cps. Some people are fucking stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:14 PM

WTF? Obviously, they didn't put the casts on themselves? Didn't the neighbor think that the doctor may have noticied if something was wrong?

anon1986East
by Kali on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:15 PM

That reminds me of when I was little, I was around 4 at the time and wrestling with my 3 year old brother when I tripped and slammed the bottom of my chin on a coffee table which split open and I needed stitches. A few days later I sprained my ankle while trying to climb a tree. My mom told me that two doctors and a hospital administrator questioned my dad for about an hour about my injuries. I actually got nervous about a year ago when my 6 year old slipped on some wet grass and broke her elbow, my friend is a doctor at our hospital and told me not to worry because it's actually a common break in kids her age. It made me nervous because when she was 2 I had taken her to the doctor because she dislocated that same elbow, she was walking down the stairs with my brother holding his hand when she suddenly decided to jump the last couple of stairs while still holding her uncle's hand, he held on tighter thinking that she was able to fall face first down the stairs and apparently it was just enough pressure to dislocate her elbow. 

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Happened to my mom with me. My collar bone broke during delivery and I had to be in a sling. No one called CPS but she got a lot of inquires about it.

livelaughlov26
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM
I would be upset at first but I mean no harm no foul. At least someone out there cares. A lot of children are getting abused and there are warning signs which people choose to ignore
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)