Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh... CPS

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So a friend of mine from my son's playgroup has a litte boy who was born with club feet..... he had surgery to correct it and had to have casts on his legs (when he was a baby)...

Well she got a visit from  CPS over it, just because he has casts on his legs. CPS didn't do anything of course, once they found he had club feet, but seriously?!?!? Someone out there (she thinks a neighbor) called CPS just becacuse he had casts on his legs. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
steph_hailee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM
My daughter has short akilies tendons and the physical therapist put both her feet in cast to keep her feet flat and try and stretch them.

I can say I got a lot of mean looks and a ton of oh my what happened? But never had CPS involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anon1986East
by Kali on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Wow, the worker actually told you to sign over your kid? That's ridiculous. I would've gone off on her/him. CPS actually took my friend's son, they were planning to move to another state and were sick of the crap they were dealing with from their landlord so they were staying with a friend for a couple days. The night before they were due to leave the state the cops raided their friend's house, they had gotten a tip that some girl they were looking for would be at the house even though that girl had never been there. CPS removed the baby because they happened to be there when the house was raided. It's been over a year now, they still haven't gotten their son back and now the foster parents are fighting to adopt him. My friend and her husband have done all the parenting classes, filled out all the right forms, have cooperated with everything and now they've recently lost their apartment (due to a fire) and the friend they were staying with just found out his house was sold, it had been on the market for over a year and they were all hoping to get an apartment in 10 weeks but now they only have 2 weeks to be out of the house and don't know where they're gonna go which means they'll most likely lose their son because the foster parents and CPS have been trying to get them to sign over their rights for the last 6 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting anon1986East:

I've had CPS at my house 4 or 5 times now over ridiculous allegations, most of which were reported by a pissed off neighbor. I've had issues with them for years, and CPS always shows up within a week after a big fight with the neighbors. One time they called and said "someone" had recently been in my house and claimed to see shit and piss stains all over my kid's beds...none of my kids wet the bed and they certainly don't shit the bed either. Another allegation was that my dog has a severely infected wound by his eye that was covered in puss...I had to bring my dog out and show the investigator that not only did my dog not have an infected wound on his eye but that in his 2 years of life he has never had any kind of wound near his eye - I even pulled out the file with all his vet records in them. Another allegation was that one of my girls was outside naked clutching a small blanket to herself to cover up her body and that she was out there all alone...both of my girls were toddlers then, 3 and 4 years old, if either of them had been outside naked they certainly wouldn't have tried to cover themselves - they loved being naked at that age.

While I agree with the fact that people can report suspected abuse anonymously I think the reported should be required to at least inform CPS of their name because there really needs to be some kind of consequence for making false reports, all it does is waste time and money for the state to investigate.

Just like a friend of mine, she has had some really outrageous allegations claimed against her...each one by her ex-husband and each report was made right before he filed for custody (4 times now in 4 years and every time the judge does not grant his custody petition because he doesn't have any proof that my friend is a bad mom or that the kids would be better off with him so he uses CPS as a weapon, hoping that just the fact that they have investigated allegations would be enough to win him custody even though every investigation ends with the CPS worker apologizing to my friend for wasting her time).

cps came to our house 5 times inall the reports there was supposedly dirty diapers all over the floor which was in all the reports and was never true i had breakfast dishes on my counter and i missed a peice of macaroni when i vaccuumed under the table i busted my as* cleaning and when she showed up i was told you should just sign your 2 yr old over i flipped out on her it was harassment we moved

mariesmama
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Quoting anon1986East:

Wow, the worker actually told you to sign over your kid? That's ridiculous. I would've gone off on her/him. CPS actually took my friend's son, they were planning to move to another state and were sick of the crap they were dealing with from their landlord so they were staying with a friend for a couple days. The night before they were due to leave the state the cops raided their friend's house, they had gotten a tip that some girl they were looking for would be at the house even though that girl had never been there. CPS removed the baby because they happened to be there when the house was raided. It's been over a year now, they still haven't gotten their son back and now the foster parents are fighting to adopt him. My friend and her husband have done all the parenting classes, filled out all the right forms, have cooperated with everything and now they've recently lost their apartment (due to a fire) and the friend they were staying with just found out his house was sold, it had been on the market for over a year and they were all hoping to get an apartment in 10 weeks but now they only have 2 weeks to be out of the house and don't know where they're gonna go which means they'll most likely lose their son because the foster parents and CPS have been trying to get them to sign over their rights for the last 6 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting anon1986East:

I've had CPS at my house 4 or 5 times now over ridiculous allegations, most of which were reported by a pissed off neighbor. I've had issues with them for years, and CPS always shows up within a week after a big fight with the neighbors. One time they called and said "someone" had recently been in my house and claimed to see shit and piss stains all over my kid's beds...none of my kids wet the bed and they certainly don't shit the bed either. Another allegation was that my dog has a severely infected wound by his eye that was covered in puss...I had to bring my dog out and show the investigator that not only did my dog not have an infected wound on his eye but that in his 2 years of life he has never had any kind of wound near his eye - I even pulled out the file with all his vet records in them. Another allegation was that one of my girls was outside naked clutching a small blanket to herself to cover up her body and that she was out there all alone...both of my girls were toddlers then, 3 and 4 years old, if either of them had been outside naked they certainly wouldn't have tried to cover themselves - they loved being naked at that age.

While I agree with the fact that people can report suspected abuse anonymously I think the reported should be required to at least inform CPS of their name because there really needs to be some kind of consequence for making false reports, all it does is waste time and money for the state to investigate.

Just like a friend of mine, she has had some really outrageous allegations claimed against her...each one by her ex-husband and each report was made right before he filed for custody (4 times now in 4 years and every time the judge does not grant his custody petition because he doesn't have any proof that my friend is a bad mom or that the kids would be better off with him so he uses CPS as a weapon, hoping that just the fact that they have investigated allegations would be enough to win him custody even though every investigation ends with the CPS worker apologizing to my friend for wasting her time).

cps came to our house 5 times inall the reports there was supposedly dirty diapers all over the floor which was in all the reports and was never true i had breakfast dishes on my counter and i missed a peice of macaroni when i vaccuumed under the table i busted my as* cleaning and when she showed up i was told you should just sign your 2 yr old over i flipped out on her it was harassment we moved

daughter but yeah  thats a bs reason to take away a baby but sadly workers pull that bs  and look the other way when a child actually needs help

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I got cps called on me by my ex husband when our oldest dd(age 8) broke 2 fingers. She got her finger slammed in a door by my father(accidentally) while he was bringing in wood.
The lady who came out has worked with my father for years(dad is a pediatrician).
It was a crap insinuation by my ex and he looked like an idiot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:31 PM
My dd broke her arm last summer and was in a cast for 8 weeks. She was only 2 1/2 at the time. I had 3 random people ask me in public what happened and then they asked if I had been visited by CPS. It freaked me out. And dd broke her arm by jumping off the couch. People really need to mind their own business.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's crazy! He obviously had to go to the hospital to get a cast if they suspected abuse the HOSPITAL would have called cps! People need to mind their own business!

Yeah.  Duh. It's not like the parents could have whipped up the casts at home.  He was already seen by medical professionals.

People really need to (paradoxically) 1) care more about other people, but 2) know when to mind their own business.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:47 PM
We had cps show up 2 days after dh ( just datjng at the time) got in a fight with his cop neighbor across the street. The best part was when the alleged abuse took place dd was at her dads and dh n I were gone all day Te cps worker said this is ridiculous and never came back

Quoting anon1986East:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Ok, cool.   So CPS showed up and checked on the safety of the kid.  That's their job. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:52 PM
thing is, if his legs are casted, the medical professionals who casted his legs know what is going on. If they had reason to suspect abuse, it would have already been done and documented. No need for a nosey Nelly to contact CPS. Its the baby with malformed (as in injured looking) legs and NO casts that woould concern me.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I saw a baby with casts I probably wouldn't think 'Club feet' I would probably assume someone hurt him. But I would probably walk up to the mom & say 'Oh, poor baby! What happened?!' or something similar. I wouldn't whip out my phone & report her. Obviously if he has casts, a doctor did it. Doctors are required to report stuff like that if they think it was abuse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Quoting TranquilMind:

Exactly
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)