Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PBS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you support PBS?

Options:

Yes

No

If I had the money

I hate PBS it is a waste of time

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

I was curious : say Mitt gets his way and cuts all funding to PBS. Who would be willing to donate, buy items to support or help fundraise to keep PBS going? How many of you believe that educational programing for our children is necessary?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM

NPR (I'm guessing) is going after PBS for sure, very sad. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Bump.

TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM
From what I have HEARD 97% of PBS is privately funded anyway. Has anyone heard any truth to this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Its the only thing dems got out of the debate ....that's what's really sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

NPR (I'm guessing) is going after PBS for sure, very sad. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:29 PM
If I had the money I would, but it's not likely. I don't forsee pbs going anywhere though. Too many corporations donate. I might buy some of the toys every once in a while, though. I also buy the books, work books and flash cards with pbs characters on them.
Pnukey
by Jenn on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM

It wouldn't be the first thing I donated to, if I was inclined to donate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM

It is, yes.   And as for "would" I support PBS, the answer (not available on the poll) is I DO. 

Quoting TheMrs407:

From what I have HEARD 97% of PBS is privately funded anyway. Has anyone heard any truth to this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM

First off, do your research before posting a dumbass post like this. Just last year OBAMA yes I said OBAMA cut funding for pbs, go ahead look it up! Secondly, do YOU watch pbs? We only have the "free" channels. There are THREE PBS stations, yes THREE. One is the pbs people general think of with sesame street, word world, barney etc. BUT there are TWO other channels that are all home improvement crap and scrapbooking and what have you, if funding is cut for PBS it will cut the programs on the two channels that hardly anybody uses/watches. It will not affect big bird or childrens programing at all SMH

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM

It is but the way it works is that if PBS can not come up with their budget for the year which is 22 million than the government helps out which has been between 2 and 3 percent so yes you are right.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Seriously? ! That's GOLDEN!

Quoting Anonymous:

First off, do your research before posting a dumbass post like this. Just last year OBAMA yes I said OBAMA cut funding for pbs, go ahead look it up! Secondly, do YOU watch pbs? We only have the "free" channels. There are THREE PBS stations, yes THREE. One is the pbs people general think of with sesame street, word world, barney etc. BUT there are TWO other channels that are all home improvement crap and scrapbooking and what have you, if funding is cut for PBS it will cut the programs on the two channels that hardly anybody uses/watches. It will not affect big bird or childrens programing at all SMH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured