Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son wants to move out...

He's almost 6 and wants to move out to nana and grampies!! I yell at him and it hurts his feelings :( but im sick of him writing on my table on 'accident' for the 50th time today. I know it's because he has no boundaries over there but it still hurts my feelings after I do everything I can for him. I know he's going through tough age and he wants a dad so maybe that's part of it too, needing a male figure.

Ftr we have a very good relationship and are close so this is a new thing and idk how to take it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Replies (21-21):
truealaskanmom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I think preventive parenting is the answer make sure not to set him up for failure in rule compliance, and don't yell at him it isn't effective obviously, all humans stop listening when yelled at and do not comprehend what is being screamed at them.  Instead try telling him you're sorry you hurt his feeling yelling at him, that you were upset and would work on it?  Then calmy explain why you don't want him marking furniture and then get stuff to prevent it from accidenatally happening.  People don't seem to care that they hurt their kids' feelings but get all bent out of shape when they hurt ours, where do you think they learn how to hurt feelings from?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN