Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can someone answer this question for me.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why aren't animals gay?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Some are :)
Why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieSDW
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Plenty of animals are gay.
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Who says they aren't? It's not like they're going to start parades and lobby for marriage rights. I'm pretty sure there have been zoo animals that have shunned the opposite sex. Heck, my female dog tries to hump my other girl all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TraceyMR
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Some are

This guy has done some research

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Some are.

LoveMyKBabies
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM
My dog lets other male dogs hump him...he also humps other male dogs....then again my dog dragged his bed out of his house & humped it so ferociously that there was stuffing all over the yard. So my dog isn't gay, he is try-sexual :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Because they dont mate for pleasure they mate to reproduce. Well, with the exception of dolphins

Charliesmommy11
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Dude I swear my dog is gay lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM
See you learn something new every day! I was like 8 when we had them so I had no clue. Just know the kids in my neighborhood picked on me cause my dogs would hump in the front yard..

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

The dogs weren't gay, they were showing who was the dominate one.

In response to the OP, I think dolphins have sex with the same sex...

Quoting LNLMommy:

I thought penguins were gay?? I had two male dogs growing up that use to hump each other...uhh I dunno, I think I just went in left field with ur question sorry �
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheilao409
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Male big horn sheep live in what are often called “homosexual societies.” They bond through genital licking and anal intercourse, which often ends in ejaculation. If a male sheep chooses to not have gay sex, it becomes a social outcast. Ironically, scientists call such straight-laced males “effeminate.”

Giraffes have all-male orgies. So do bottlenose dolphins, killer whales, gray whales, and West Indian manatees. Japanese macaques, on the other hand, are ardent lesbians; the females enthusiastically mount each other. Bonobos, one of our closest primate relatives, are similar, except that their lesbian sexual encounters occur every two hours. Male bonobos engage in “penis fencing,” which leads, surprisingly enough, to ejaculation. They also give each other genital massages.

As this list of activities suggests, having homosexual sex is the biological equivalent of apple pie: Everybody likes it. At last count, over 450 different vertebrate species could be beheaded in Saudi Arabia. You name it, there’s a vertebrate out there that does it. Nevertheless, most biologists continue to regard homosexuality as a sexual outlier. According to evolutionary theory, being gay is little more than a maladaptive behavior.

http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/the_gay_animal_kingdom/  full article.. they are

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)