Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Topic of bullying! THIS is the problem!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
The "walk away" "tell an authority", etc, etc approach is ridiculous! MOST bully's are bully's because they can get away with it. Stand up and DO NOT take shit from anyone! Once the bully knows they can't bully you, they will move on.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Exactly why I carried a gun to school. Ain't nobody gonna treat me like I'm weaker.
kitchen.ninja
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM
I kind of agree with you.
However some suffer from mental issues and standing up is just not an option for them.

I half agree because that is what I teach my kids and when my oldest was picked on by a classmate he handled it by telling the kid he was annoying and ignoring him,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Yep, yep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM

So true, butt sadly many fail to understand that. Plus, telling will only make them pick on you more and give you a reputaition of being a nark.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM

My son was the victim of bullying because he is white. There were 5-6 mexican kids who would torment him. One was at least 200 pounds in 5th grade. My son, although a very good athlete and actually quite popular became their target. There really wasn't much he could do physically against those kids. 

The school system did pretty much nothing but I did find out a lot of scary things about those kids.

LexRi0709
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM
I agree somewhat. There is nothing wrong with telling the kid to stop, but I still think an adult must be told so they are aware of what is going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN