Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Work in progress...

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
Anybody else's house a work in progress? Lol we replaced the floor in the kitchen (tile yay!!!) then we had to replace our furnace and we finally got that done last week. Now we're in the middle of replacing the shower walls in our shower. It's 3/4 of the way done because the pipes broke and SO had to replace the pipes. Now we're dealing with the shoddy work the former owners did and replacing the drywall in the bathroom. Grrr lol and we still have more on the to do list! Anybody else constantly upgrading?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

We are gutting our bathroom and enlarging it. That means redoing the bedroom we are going to cut into.

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM
We are planning on doing that to our second bathroom. It's a 1/2 bath so were adding a shower. Tell me it's not as hard as I'm dreading? Lol

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

We are gutting our bathroom and enlarging it. That means redoing the bedroom we are going to cut into.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Ours is. It was built in the 1890's, so there are always projects to be done, inside and out. As soon as hunting season is over, we'll be trying to get the upstairs finished. We have to do our youngest dd's bedroom floor, then the hallway, and our bedroom. Then we can start on the downstairs next year after hunting season. We only work inside the house during the winter, because we have a ton of outdoor projects going on too. Next spring and summer, we'll be landscaping.

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Ours is circa 1930s. You should see the shoddy work! Lol some of the base boards were painted on!

Quoting AHmom103:

Ours is. It was built in the 1890's, so there are always projects to be done, inside and out. As soon as hunting season is over, we'll be trying to get the upstairs finished. We have to do our youngest dd's bedroom floor, then the hallway, and our bedroom. Then we can start on the downstairs next year after hunting season. We only work inside the house during the winter, because we have a ton of outdoor projects going on too. Next spring and summer, we'll be landscaping.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Yuck. In the kids' bedrooms, we had to rip through 4 layers of old linoleum, 2 layers of old carpet, and 3 layers of the linoleum had been painted over in each of the rooms. It took dh 72 hours of actual work to sand and refinish the floor in our oldest dd's room. The floors are pine, but since it's so old and dried out, it's considered hardwood pine, and it looks beautiful now that it's done, but it was a lot of work. We're thinking about putting carpet in youngest dd's room, so he doesn't have to go through the whole sanding and staining process again.

Quoting RMB2011:

Ours is circa 1930s. You should see the shoddy work! Lol some of the base boards were painted on!

Quoting AHmom103:

I'm a designer at the best siggy group on CM--click here to check it out!

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh goodness the floor!!!! We replaced the kitchen floor. Ripped up the laminate and BAM linoleum! We rip that up and end up having to rip out the sub floor as well. 2 day project turned into 2 weeks. I love the look of wood floors but I'm with you. I'd put down carpet.

Quoting AHmom103:

Yuck. In the kids' bedrooms, we had to rip through 4 layers of old linoleum, 2 layers of old carpet, and 3 layers of the linoleum had been painted over in each of the rooms. It took dh 72 hours of actual work to sand and refinish the floor in our oldest dd's room. The floors are pine, but since it's so old and dried out, it's considered hardwood pine, and it looks beautiful now that it's done, but it was a lot of work. We're thinking about putting carpet in youngest dd's room, so he doesn't have to go through the whole sanding and staining process again.

Quoting RMB2011:

Quoting AHmom103:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Quoting RMB2011:

We are planning on doing that to our second bathroom. It's a 1/2 bath so were adding a shower. Tell me it's not as hard as I'm dreading? Lol

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

We havent started yet. I'll let ya knwoi when we do.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Okay. Good luck!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting RMB2011:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

We havent started yet. I'll let ya knwoi when we do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngmamma11
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM
My dad rebuilt their entire house a section at a time.. he started when i was 4 and just finished the last bedroom a few weeks ago.. im 24 now.:) its a beautiful house and he did it all on his own. We lived with only half a roof for months. it was kind of an adventure for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I can agree with that! Lol luckily we have long winters. We work on the inside during the winter and outside during the summer. There's just so much work! Lol

Quoting youngmamma11:

My dad rebuilt their entire house a section at a time.. he started when i was 4 and just finished the last bedroom a few weeks ago.. im 24 now.:) its a beautiful house and he did it all on his own. We lived with only half a roof for months. it was kind of an adventure for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured