Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Changing my title for more replies!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
And by "good idea" I mean would ou have done the same?

Ok I will try to keep this short. DH got a job out of state. We are on the middle of moving. He moved in July and the kids and I will be joining him at Christmas.

Living apart has sucked!!! We are now paying 2 rents, 2 of all of the utilities and everything else that goes along with having 2 houses.

I am self employed and when some of my clients found out I was moving they left me(who can blame them right) but I took a 50% pay cut.

I am now a month behind in rent with no end in sight....my landlord is getting impatient(which is understandable) and I have been stressed beyond belief!!!

Well today I sent him(landlord) an email telling him all of this and said that I know I am late and that I really don't have the money for this month either. I told him that I in no way plan to screw him on rent. That I WILL pay him.....eventually....but I just can't right now.

He knows we are moving on Dec 21st.

I am 100% caught up on all of my other bills I just didn't know what else to do....
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Bump
wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Why cant you leave now? Give your landlord a chance to find another renter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:17 PM
We don have the money to move right now, once I move I lose 100% of my income. Our plan(which isn't working) was to save our asses off until the move so that if it takes me a while to find work we will still be ok

And we have a couple that wants to rent the house when we move, the landlord just needs to approve them

Quoting wifeofvet:

Why cant you leave now? Give your landlord a chance to find another renter.

sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Is he willing to work on a payment plan. Reduce it low right now and continue paying. Crazy to uproot kids for 2 mos just to move again. Tell him you will sign anagreement to pay just to settle his fear that you will up and run. How many properties does he have. Would you be willing to help clean or maintain any of them in leiu of rent. Doesn't hurt to ask. In this economy bartering can be as good as gold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM
I didn't say I was going to "uproot" the kids now and again in 2 months

We are plannin to stay here I this house and pay what we can until I can afford to pay all that is owed.

Idk how far behind I have to be for go to evict us, but I am moving in 2 months anyway...

Quoting sweetboys4me:

Is he willing to work on a payment plan. Reduce it low right now and continue paying. Crazy to uproot kids for 2 mos just to move again. Tell him you will sign anagreement to pay just to settle his fear that you will up and run. How many properties does he have. Would you be willing to help clean or maintain any of them in leiu of rent. Doesn't hurt to ask. In this economy bartering can be as good as gold.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:28 PM
It was worth a shot but truth be told it wouldn't mean much to me......especially if I needed the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
He his president of a company that has many many many properties. He probably doesn't "need" the money.

He has always been a super nice and very understanding guy. I feel bad even putting him in this situation

Quoting ButterMeUp:

It was worth a shot but truth be told it wouldn't mean much to me......especially if I needed the money.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Oh well in that case, it might work! Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

He his president of a company that has many many many properties. He probably doesn't "need" the money.

He has always been a super nice and very understanding guy. I feel bad even putting him in this situation

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Venae
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM

It will take longer than 2 months to evict you - but you should probably borrow the money to pay him - and say goodbye to any deposits you made.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Well that's just the thing. When we told him we were moving(we told him in July) he "reminded" us that our $3000 deposit was NON REFUNDABLE!!!!

So either way I won't be getting that back

Quoting Venae:

It will take longer than 2 months to evict you - but you should probably borrow the money to pay him - and say goodbye to any deposits you made.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)