Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Ugh. I really thought this was a good idea. We've been working for 16 hours and only have about 50 of the 300 sq ft done. Every time we start a new row, something comes unlocked. Any tips or tricks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Replies (21-26):
angevil53
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I had them in my old house. They never got clean. No matter what i did. I hated it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephy_85
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Yeah I hate them, we have been in our house 5 months and I am already wanting to replace them. Our house is still under warranty so I am calling the builders this week about how bad they are bubbling at the seams. I know a few of the places are from our kids but several places are no where near a water source, hopefully they will say it's bad flooring and replace it. They just did that with my friends floors.

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Do you think? We have laminate in the rest of our first floor and have been amazed at how well it has held up! We had carpet and real wood at our old home and both seemed to get scratched and stained so much easier!

Quoting stephy_85:

We have laminate wood floors and hate them. When our house was being built that was all everyone talked about, how great laminate wood was. In reality it scratches pretty easy, if even the smallest amount of liquid gets spilled on it and not dried asap it bubbles up really bad at the seams and to top it all laminate can't be sanded and resealed (we obviously onew that) so we can't fix any of the issues.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamondsetter
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Idk. We just tore out 3 rooms of laminate flooring because after 3 years it warped, came apart and/or had the finish wear off. I hope yours is better than ours was because it sucked and you couldn't get it wet (hence the warping). We just replaced it with pine hardwood flooring and even though it cost more than buying a new car, it seems totally worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
You're my favorite CM member!

Quoting Sanctimommy:

A good home remedy for DIY's that include malfunctioning flooring pieces that come unlocked:

Beer and superglue. Don't forget to video tape it for posterity. 

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:42 PM
I have no advice. It only took dh and I about 10 hours to do our living room, kitchen, and dining room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoanUp
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Oh no! I feel your pain! The last time we got a laminate wood floor we decided to lay it down ourselves. (I say we, it was all my partner!). Anyway it took him about 3 days and even then it wasn't perfect. This time we've decided to get the professionals in (here if any UK based peeps are considering!) and depressingly it took him about half an hour. Beautiful job. I suppose that would be my 'tip', but the key is in the laying of the underlay. Hope this went smoothly in the end! 

fingers crossed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN