Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What a B****!! (DH's Ex-Wife)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

She gets the kids on Halloween, its not a holiday in their divorce decree, so whoever gets them that day just gets them.

2 weeks ago, they were discussing holiday plans and she told him he was welcome to come trick or treat with them. Yesterday, we saw her at my SD's soccer game, and I was telling her about the costume I got to wear trick or treating. She didn't say anything, just kind of ignored me. Tonight, she emailed DH that I am not "welcome" to join them. He is allowed to, but either he goes by himself, or he doesn't get to see the kids. What a bitch!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Replies (531-536):
Mdva20082011
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Same here kind of. I usually get the costumes and get them ready, he takes the kids out. You're basically just supervising the kids running from door to door. He enjoys doing that, I don't. I'd rather shop for the costume. So it works out. It doesn't take two exes together to bring kids out for trick or treating.

Quoting thehickinhickor:

That's what i was thinking i am not with my ex he as never taken her he as always worked on that night he was the.one.that took her to do.other things like.shopping for her. costume

Quoting Mdva20082011:

I'm confused about why it takes two parents (who aren't together) trick or treating? Hell, my kids father and I are TOGETHER and only one of us takes them out on Halloween. The BM take them, snap some pictures of them in their costumes, and send them to your DH. DH could call them later and ask how trick or treating went and what they got. Problem solved. Halloween is not a big freaking deal.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyj3559
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Are you planning on wearing a provocative costume?
If so I could understand her point of view....
Either way it is a little rude however if I were you I wouldnt want to spend time with My husbands ex wife
KPetty4
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM

That is insane to act that way. There is no reason to make things harder on the poor kids that are stuck in the middle. She does not have to like you but she should have to accept that you 2 are together and that those games are not acceptable. My husband has a son with his ex and we get along just fine because we are all three raising him together. I spend more time with him than anyone on a daily basis. He calls us both mommy by his own choice and she may not like the situation but she knows there is no way she could ever get away with acting any less than decent. And she may not be my favorite person but I make a point of being nice and getting along with her. Drama like that is not something that we will have around any of the children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM

If your not a SM, or have a SM involved in your kids life how are you even remotely justified to say anything about SM being a parent? You do realize that if a Step parent marries a custodial parent that step parent now techinically obtains physically custody as well. You wanna fight it ill post a picture of my court papers stating it . Does that mean they have more say then Bio-Mom? NO, but does make us a parent.  Not all BM's aren't all stuck up snobs  and some givea  damn about their kids and get along with stepmom . Some do honor their opionon when SM is asked to give an opionion.

Why are we all hating on OP? I think she should feel kind of left out, if she is a big part of her skids life then yes she shouldn't feel bad about expecting to go. Maybe OP you could have brought it up to her just say it means a lot to you. In the end it is about the KIDS not the adults, if they kid would enjoy having everyone there then so be it, why can't she be there? Because BM doesn't want to? Well guess what, its not about her now is it??? Kids can never have enough people that love them, and what better way to spend a holiday than with 3 of the most involved, important people of their lives?

Quoting Tattooed.Blondi:

Quoting Anonymous:
sorry I don't agree with this. Just bc daddy goes and gets married that doesn't make you an automatic parent. They are the parents. You think She's going to give a rats ass about your opinion on anything?no. Bc you weren't there when they made the kids. That's for sure. And no I have no sm involved my hubby and I are still married. I just hate how sm want to weasel their way in. Go have your own kids.

elizabeth.mary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Well... honey you're the new chick and she is the old one. I don't know your situation between the two of you, but if you don't get along, aren't friends and if she's still sour about the divorce you're gonna have to get used to that.

BeingReal
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Pretending stepmom doesn't exist and 'mom and dad and kids' are the happy family is sending mixed messages to the kids.  It's also sending mixed messsages to the ex.  She still thinks she has a place as a wife and is in control of her ex.  Dad isn't doing anyone any favors by excluding stepmom.  He's making it easier on himself by not dealing with the problem.  The ex has not accepted the new wife.  He should tell her, 'well, so and so is my wife and if she's not invited, then, well, maybe next year.'  I guarantee the kids won't allow it to happen...if they're old enough to speak up.  They would rather have both of them than none at all. The ex is only hurting the kids and she needs to realize her place...as the ex.  She may be the mother of his kids, but she's not the boss of him, and not the wife.  A good book to read.....'How to Be First in Your Second Marriage.'  Very good information and advice...more than the title leads you to think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)