Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is it normal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
i am planning a wedding for next year. SO and i have been dating since jan this year. Even though i have complete intentions to marry him and spend the rest of my life w him, there are times that i'm glad to have time apart. Is that bad? Sometimes i'm overwhelmed w my kids and him bugging me for everything, demanding my attn. So the days where its just me and the girls, i'm glad. I miss him those days, of course...
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:03 AM

I was a loner but now am married and have 2 kids and I still enjoy times where it is just me. 

noble427
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:20 AM
Lol if you feel this way and you've only been together since January, that's not really a good sign.
DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Completely normal. Lol
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:22 AM
My alone time is when df is asleep. I love it its quiet and i feel free lol im tired but dont want to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Totally normal. Every couple is different. I'm perfectly happy spending every second with DH and he feels the same. Other people need a day here or there away from each other so they can unwind. Really, whatever works for you two is a good thing. :)

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:24 AM
I'm the same. Although I've also been one to like time alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:29 AM

lol. I think its normal. im not even joking. if I want alone time and dh is playying xbox in the living room I'll grab a book and read in my room by my lonesome.

farther
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I have been married for 14 years, and I stand by my feelings of I can't miss you til you go away. I love him and he is beautiful and sexy and my very best friend, but I need time away to make that appreciation that much more. We would not have made it 3 yrs. if he was always with me. Time apart and time to be your own people is the key I think, may not be for everyone, but I love my time alone, with the kids, and with him equally, I feel that it makes me more balanced. I am a mother, I am a wife, but first I have to be me first to make it all work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)