Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stepmom vs Bm!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I read so many posts about stepmoms vs bm and I am so grateful that dh and don't have to deal with what seems to be alot of drama. anyway, so this leads me to ask are there any of you stepmom/moms out that *actually* get along?-and I'm not just stating the ones that are tolerant of one another
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Yup. My oldest's dad chose a really good woman to be her step mom and she is as much a part of our family as he and our DD are. I'm very lucky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:02 PM
I have a kid from a previous relationship but don't have to deal with a "step mom"
klmommy426
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I get along with my daughters' step-mom, we are not even close to "family", but she treats the girls well, and I'd rather her be around then have him watching the girls on his own.

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I get along with my step daughters' mother. But ours is a unique situation. See DH is 20 years older than me and my step daughters were grown when we met. So it's not like I would have been helping to raise them or anything. She doesn't want the grandkids calling me grandma though for some reason. Although the 3 year old lovingly calls me "Jammaw". lol It tickled me to death the first time she said it, but I'm sure she has already put a stop to it since they live 2 hours away and she gets to be around them more. Oh well, not a biggy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:06 PM
I used to get along with my dds stepmom until she pulled a ton of shit for no reason. Now I tolerate her
kimberlee0220
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Yep!! We have from day 1...I think is best for my SD
rwblake2011
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I get along with osd's mom perfectly. Ysd i tolerate along with dd's sm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I get along well with df's ex and my ex's gf. I have nothing against either. Now, df's ex will irritate the crap out of me at times but we still get along.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My step-moms always respected my mother's position, there were a few bumpy points, but not many and my father was VERY clear with both of his subsequent wives that my mother was in charge of the children and that she was to be respected at all costs.  He's still like that, it made life very easy for us with regard to parent relations.

3earthangels
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:14 PM
We get along in that we agree that she has no parental role in ex-dh and my children's lives. When all 3 of us sat down a few times it was discussed and agreed that way. she is regarded as having an adult role similar to that of an extended family member or good friend.

She and I have had a few drinks together alone while we discussed issues we were having in either one of us overstepping boundaries, but we are not friends. More business partners with a common denominator. If either feels one pushed a little to far, we will sit and talk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)