Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want to hear... UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was asked today to please have my son evaluated for his behavior by his babysitter. His preschool teacher has requested. His father (we aren't together anymore) has requested. His kindergarden screening has said he needs to be seen. I don't want to! Yes, he is difficult. He can't stay on task. He is 5 and is always surprised when a consequence happens even though I am very consistant. I do what I say I will do. I set the timer tonight for 20 minutes to clean his room and told him I will take any not put away. He is running laps in my house and giggling. I know he will be shocked, just like last night, when I take his toys. My closet is full of toys he hasnt earned back. You litterally have to nag or he forgets what was told to him. His teachers say he has no self control and cries when he is told to move to a new task sometimes. His dad says he is hopeless and wont listen. His babysitter says he is wild and spends a lot of time in trouble. I think they just dont understand him and he will learn if we just keep at our consistancy. I have the number for the behavior therapist... I dont want to call! UPDATE: I called them. They are sending me the release forms and said that they can work on my schedule. I struggled all night with this. Thank you for pushing me.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
MusicMuse1991
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:20 PM

it's not right for the teacher to tell you he needs to be evaulated. i'm a teacher and this is taught to us from day 1. that is not our job. file a complaint

DolphinFan85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:20 PM

we are doing this with our 4y/o daughter soon

EponineVader
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:20 PM

How hard is it to just call? Pick up the phone and dial, then tell them the truth, everyone thinks he needs to be evaluated and you are unsure. They will probabaly just tell you to get him seen...And if you are right, what did it hurt? and if everyone else is right? Then he gets the help he needs.....What is there to lose??

theskyisbluenow
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM
My son's preK instructor is on me about getting this done for my 5yr old son also. I discussed it with his doctor and she told me he was normal over and over along with a message for the instructor to do her job. The instructor's reasoning for wanting it done was 'he won't sit still for story time and won't nap'.

I'm putting it off personally
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EponineVader
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM

At least you talked to someone about it. There are some teachers that suck like that.

Quoting theskyisbluenow:

My son's preK instructor is on me about getting this done for my 5yr old son also. I discussed it with his doctor and she told me he was normal over and over along with a message for the instructor to do her job. The instructor's reasoning for wanting it done was 'he won't sit still for story time and won't nap'.

CadincesMom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

You should have him checked out...with that many people requesting that you do there is probably something going on...whatever they tell you isn't going to change who he is but it may help you and everyone else know how to help him learn better

theskyisbluenow
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Yeah, I'm just worried about her treating him different.

Quoting EponineVader:

At least you talked to someone about it. There are some teachers that suck like that.

Quoting theskyisbluenow:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM
It sounds like you are ignoring what he really needs...help.

Get over whatever it is that prevents you from helping your child. That many people cannot all be wrong or misguided.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:54 PM
No. This is just all me. I really have these thoughts.

Quoting NumbaHumbaVII:

It seems like you're trying to make a point about parents who don't medicate despite the signs in front of them. Was there a post earlier?

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Put your big girl panties on and call. Put his needs first!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN