Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breast cancer month irks me

Posted by   + Show Post
As terrible as it sounds, I hate that breast cancer gets so much recognition and awareness. Cancer is cancer!! It all sucks, it all can kill. Sure breast cancer is most common in women, but why should that make it more important? I think all cancers should be supported and have equal awareness!! That's my confession for the night.

Eta: don't turn this around to make it sound like I'm bashing survivors or people currently fighting breast cancer. I'm totally NOT!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM
Replies (291-294):
LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Uhhhh breast cancer gets so much attention because of how it's pushed and promoted...while I agree that it has been highly commercialized, someone still had to start the fight to get it recognized. So instead of complain, if other cancer awareness is so important to you, take steps to get it recognized..find sponsors, do the work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasuzha
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Obviously you don't know that other cancers have their own months. January is cervical, March is colorectal, April is cancer control, September is childhood cancers, November is stomach, pancreatic, prostate, and lung.
usmc.momma
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I have been for the last 12 years!!

Quoting LNLMommy:

Uhhhh breast cancer gets so much attention because of how it's pushed and promoted...while I agree that it has been highly commercialized, someone still had to start the fight to get it recognized. So instead of complain, if other cancer awareness is so important to you, take steps to get it recognized..find sponsors, do the work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:49 PM
SMH. Yep, I obviously have no clue...

Quoting Jasuzha:

Obviously you don't know that other cancers have their own months. January is cervical, March is colorectal, April is cancer control, September is childhood cancers, November is stomach, pancreatic, prostate, and lung.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)