Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Had to call EMS this morning for my two year old

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  • 26 Replies
This morning my son Eli spilled scalding coffee on him that his great Granny had just made. It was awful. The paramedics said he was fine and that DH and I did the right thing by putting burn and scauld gel on him with litocaine in it but still that was one hell of a way to start the freaking day. Just glad my sweet boy is okay. I totally turned into a momma bear and wanted no one to touch him but me and the paramedics. Whew. I might need a xanax, my nerves are shot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkip1
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Poor little guy :( Glad he's ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Poor guy! Glad he's okay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jenn on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Glad he's OK, but why not just take him yourself to the hospital?

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Glad he is ok I remember the first time my dd got burned she was 2 1/2 and was at her granny's and she reached up and grab a hot curling iron
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

awww-poor baby

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM

my little brother was probably about 1 when he pulled a whole coffee pot, freshly brewed, down on top of himself. He ended up with some burns but dad was a paramedic and tossed his little butt in the tub in some room temp water to stop the burn from continuing to burn and get worse. 

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I am glad that your little one is ok though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Poor baby. :( Glad he is ok.
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM
That has happened to my son. My husband was making tea he put his cup on the counter on top of the bag with banana but bread. My son tried to pull the banana nut bread down and scolding hot tea spilled on his foot. It blistered up. It wasn't my fault but I still felt like the worst parent in the world ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywright88
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I get what you are saying. Granny was the one who called, she did it while I was getting him into the tub. Its an old person thing. I honestly was not going to take him because I know a few things about burns and it was first degree so I knew I could take care of it myself but you know how old people are. lol

Quoting Pnukey:

Glad he's OK, but why not just take him yourself to the hospital?

Photobucket 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)