Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's your phobia? ---UPDATE: Redid the link...

Posted by   + Show Post

Go to phobialist.com and look through the list and see what fear or fears you have! 

I have Musophobia (fear of mice), used to have Novercaphobia (fear of stepmom, lol, no joke either), obesophobia (fear of gaining weight), and slightly Omphalophobia (fear of belly buttons, i can't touch mine or someone elses! lol). 

That's just a short list of the fears I have, but the "major" ones from the list. 

What are your fears?

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
mich.el.le
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Holy cow. I'm not reading all those. lol  I have fears, but no phobias.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

T-HoneyLuv
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont like mirrors at night. I purposely moved my bed so as to not see any reflection in my full length mirror unless I am standing in front of it.

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

This but trade balloons for flying insects and dolls for mirrors. Okay, I guess I'm not phobic of mirrors per se, but they do bother me. My vanity mirror is covered by books.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Birds, spiders, clowns, heights, balloons, and dolls.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MajorsMom8215
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad I'm not alone! People usually laugh when I say I don't like mirrors.. I usually get "How do you do your makeup then?" ... It's different when I'm up close to a little bitty one! lol

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

I dont like mirrors at night. I purposely moved my bed so as to not see any reflection in my full length mirror unless I am standing in front of it.

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

This but trade balloons for flying insects and dolls for mirrors. Okay, I guess I'm not phobic of mirrors per se, but they do bother me. My vanity mirror is covered by books.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Birds, spiders, clowns, heights, balloons, and dolls.

highlandmum
by Spunky on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I have a fear of bees, fear of enclosed spaces, and a paralyzing fear of being locked in a confined space.

Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Monophobia
m0mmyheather
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Spiders, and unfortunately, needles.

amc103
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM

People on stilts. Dont know if theres a medical name for that! LOL

missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Myrmecophobia...fear of ants, I hate ants

Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I also have a fear of mice. It's crippling and I sometimes lose sleep over it. Ridiculous.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Spiders, deep water, tornados, my kids or dh dying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)