Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I charge trick or treaters for candy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't do it to make a profit, I do it to break even.

For all of you doubters, just try it and see what happens. Yes the parents are pissed when their kids leave my house empty handed but a lot of them DO come back when everyone else runs out.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Replies (111-119):
Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Same here. One year someone rang my bell and it was just a neighbor needing to use my phone.:p

Quoting ncbirdie:

I don't evenbother buying candy anymore. In the five years I've lived here, no one has ever stopped by. Hubby said that he's never had anyone stop by before I met him, either.

Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Actually that is not true.You just have to be a wanna be mom. You could be trying to concieve and have no kids.You could be trying to adopt etc...

Quoting mommy074ever:

You have to be a parent yourself inorder to be a community member here on cafemom, so my question to you is..how much money do you give your child(ren) to go trick or treat "shopping" on Halloween?

DropZoneMom
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I call "SHENANIGANS".   This story is bullshit.   Can you imagine someone trying to charge older kids?    But I guess that's what eggs are for!  :)

malibucj
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Thats stupid and low.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I would NOT come back with money, I would come back with eggs, shaving cream, toilet paper, food dye, and a big rock for your window when I was finished with the other stuff. Your house would be colorful, your car would have tons of shaving cream all over it, your trees and house would be toilet papered, and you'd be spending your candy money on a new window instead of breaking even. :)

katemckenzie
by Kate on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Ya k
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Lol thats awesome
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Troll, or biggest douche neighbor ever....hmm.

elsters4
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Is this for real? You defeat the whole point of trick or treating. If this is real, you're crazy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)