Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anybody willing to answer my questions please

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM
  • 20 Replies
I just moved so I don't have internet or cable. I heard netflix was cheaper is it? Can I just get internet only from somewhere to get netflix through the wii? How much does it cost? Will we be able to watch Monday night raw, friday night smack down, walking dead, and cartoons? Sorry so many questions I really don't know about this stuff. Or is it cheaper and easier to get cable?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM
You can't watch Monday night raw or Friday night smack down on Netflix that I know of.
makatie
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Well that sucks the kids love wwe. Thanks for letting me know.

Quoting wkukid:

You can't watch Monday night raw or Friday night smack down on Netflix that I know of.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Spanky Pants :) on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Is Netflix cheaper than WHAT? It's $8 a month for just internet viewing, no discs. So, it's cheaper than cable.

Can you get internet only? Yes. Most cable companies will do that. Price depends on area.

Netflix does not show current seasons of anything. YOu can get some things online through the channel's own website, but not all shows are available online at all during the same season.

Hulu PLUS shows Walking Dead, I believe. That's another $8/month for that service.

MommyOfTheBest2
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM
There are only two seasons of The Walking Dead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Spanky Pants :) on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Forgot to add- Cartoons can be found on Netflix.

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I may be completely wrong because we don't have the streaming but from my understanding you can stream a bunch of shows through Netflix but they aren't shows that are playing right now, you would have to wait until they come out on streaming so shows like football games and such will never come on streaming.  I think it is more for series of shows.  Like I said I may be wrong. 

makatie
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Thanks sounds like I'll go with cable.

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Forgot to add- Cartoons can be found on Netflix.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I have netflix but you need internet to get it on the wii. And netflix isnt cable you can just watch past shows and movies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessicaNelson21
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I have cable and netflix.  I should discontinue my cable because I use netflix 99% of the time.  It has every season of most shows out there that are out on dvd.  So, grey's anatomy season 8 just came out on dvd so you can watch seasons 1-8 on netflix.  The new episodes are not available but you can catch new shows/movies at www.projectfree.tv 

3babiesofmyown
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM
We have Internet and Netflix. We stream it through the Xbox. Much cheaper and no commercials. Most of the current stuff is not on there. An it doesn't come out til the season is over if at all. But it's plenty for us. There's always Hulu, YouTube, and the major networks Internet sites.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)