Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms on WIC

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How do you use the evaporeted milk that you get every month?

Do you use it to cook? Do you add water and make use it as regular milk?

I have cans of this stuff backed up. 

Every now and then Dh will use it in his coffee. I will use it to cook with if we are running low on regulat milk. 

Today I mixed a few cans with water in a milk jug. Then I tried it. It didn't taste TOO bad. It tasted like Skim milk but with a funky little after taste. I used chocolate and made some chocolate milke for DS with it. He didn't seem to mind. 

Anyways so I was just wondering how you other WIC moms use this stuff?

Edit: For those who are saying you do not get it, do you CHOOSE not to get it or is it not offered to you?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Replies (141-145):
aidenmommy2011
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Quoting got2monsters:

You use condensed milk first, put it in your crock pot. With paper off and cover completely with water so that no part of the can is showing then cook on low for 8 hrs, then cool in the fridge for at least 2 hrs

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I'm sry if I sound dumb, just take off the paper, put it in crock pot, cover with water, low for 8 hrs, cool for 2? Then just pop it open and you have caramel???

Quoting aidenmommy2011:

Quoting got2monsters:

You use condensed milk first, put it in your crock pot. With paper off and cover completely with water so that no part of the can is showing then cook on low for 8 hrs, then cool in the fridge for at least 2 hrs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM

ive never heard of anyone getting that, what state?

You can bake with it. I dont know what to do with it other than mass amounts of baked goods. I didnt know you could drink it mixed with water lol.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:25 AM
When I was on wic evap milk was not an option. You don't always have to get everything on your vouchers. Whatever you have extra of send to a food bank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AccidentalAdult
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I used it to cook, especially homemade mac and cheese.

We also donated a lot of it. We didn't know what else to do with it. It's SO MUCH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured