Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overeaters Anonymous

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I don't know what kind of stigma it has attached to it, but we aren't all hugely fat. I am an overeater (realized this recently). I don't know why I eat the way I do, it just seems like I eat way more than I need. I am a SAHM, so I get bored sometimes, so I eat. I hate it, and I know it needs to stop before I become obese. I could stand to lose about 20 or 30 lbs... and I've been trying for a year, I just can never make it more than a few days on a diet. I'm at a loss, a dead end. I don't know what to do. 

Breakfast: Two slices of French bread and a cup of coffee (not too bad, right?)

*feed kids*

*bullshit snack food, mostly consisting of trail mix or special K snacks * I know I snack a lot, so I try to buy relatively healthy snacks

Lunch: Some of what I make for oldest, youngest is always napping during lunch time.

Dinner: I eat with my oldest, but not a large amount

*more bullshit snacks*

Dinner number 2: I eat dinner with my DH when he gets home from work

I just want to curl into a ball. I have noticed that I have gained weight after losing a few lbs on my most recent attempt at dieting.

*****NO, I'M NOT ON FS, EITHER******

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QJsmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
You can pm me, I had the same problem and I did something out of a magazine I saw and it worked.. huge jump start! But last time I posted it I got bashed to shit! Idk why, it's really not that bad...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I'm going to pm you too. I'm definitely an over eater.

Quoting QJsmommy:

You can pm me, I had the same problem and I did something out of a magazine I saw and it worked.. huge jump start! But last time I posted it I got bashed to shit! Idk why, it's really not that bad...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I pmed her too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm going to pm you too. I'm definitely an over eater.

Quoting QJsmommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:10 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

bump

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I'm the same way. I have to be really conscious of what I'm doing or I will snack all day long plus have 3 big meals. I try to drink a big glass of water before I eat anything now, and that's helped. I also have been trying to snack on only fruit nor veggies, then once or twice a week have some junk food(cake or ice cream). I just started C25K so we will see how that does with helping me lose weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:22 PM
The women on here bash big people all the time. I don't really know why either but they just assume that if you're big you sit around stuffing your face with ho-ho's all day. They are not sympathetic as obesity is "preventable". It isn't easy for everyone, and although many refuse to acknowledge it as an addiction, it is possible to be addicted to food. The thing is, you can live without alcohol, drugs, etc. But with food addictions, you have to learn to eat for survival instead of eating for pleasure, self-medicating, emotional-eating, etc.

Quoting QJsmommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I never thought of it that way!!

Quoting Anonymous:

The women on here bash big people all the time. I don't really know why either but they just assume that if you're big you sit around stuffing your face with ho-ho's all day. They are not sympathetic as obesity is "preventable". It isn't easy for everyone, and although many refuse to acknowledge it as an addiction, it is possible to be addicted to food. The thing is, you can live without alcohol, drugs, etc. But with food addictions, you have to learn to eat for survival instead of eating for pleasure, self-medicating, emotional-eating, etc.

Quoting QJsmommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:29 PM
I have the problem where I won't be hungry until dinner so I over eat at dinner since I haven't eaten all day then i eat a snack later in the night. I don't gain weight but I also don't lose it. It's like once I start eating I binge.. I wear a smal/med, so you're right you don't have to be obese to have this issue. It sucks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured