Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gah! Stupid cats!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Ok, they're cute. i like them. we have 2 cats who are i'd say 6 months old. Not sure when they were born because they were a few weeks old when my husband found them in my in-laws' barn. We brought them home a while ago when they were old enough and they're fun, they're cute, they're good with the kids (read that as tolerant of all the lugging around and stuff the kids do to them lol) 

but i don't get it! they are sweet to everyone else in the family or guests, but i am the one who cleans the litter, gives them food and fresh water, gives them their meds (ok, they might hate that, but it's necessary) saving them from the kids when they get annoyed, and whatever else needs to be done .... yet i'm the one they attack! 

middle of the night, i'm walking thru the house in the dark thinking i'm safe...and all of a sudden mega claws of death are piercing my leg!!! come on! why do they keep biting the hand that feeds them?! lol

only anon so nobody thinks i'm a raging animal hater. i'm not. i just like my legs to NOT have holes in them.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Would you prefer the opossum hanging out on my back porch?
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

hehehe.  omg  this is my cat.   I found him in a drain outside my window of my moms old apartment when I was in middle school.  I found him yet he randomly starts batting at my hand or feet when I am walking by.   maybe they are just playing with you?? lol

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Squirt them with a water bottle.

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM
My old cat did that at all hours as a kitten. I learned to avoid the recycle bin (his favorite hideout) and dining room table. You could try tossing a toy mouse or baby sock (weird, I know, but my cats LOVE tossing baby socks around and one even hoards socks of all sizes) before you walk by.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missapoo
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM
We rescued a kitten who is sweet but is truly psycho..she is about 6 months now and she is worse than a toddler..climbing on the table, countertops...eating anything left out..she drives me crazy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry could not resist.  LOL

kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

They see you as their mama. Seriously. They learn to hunt and stalk from playing with their litter mates and mama. Tape baby socks on their paws... lol JK! Although the mental image is awfully cute. Good news is they seem to grow out of that stage in my experience and I have had 8 cats at different times in my life and still currently have 3. :)

K-Chan
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

i'm the only one my cat likes ans she does this to me. She just wants to play.

mariesmama
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

shoot them with a scruncie my hubbys cats kept stealing them when we were dating

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Get a laser pointer and turn it on when ever you are walking in the dark, just shine it around the walls hopefully they will go after the spot instead of attack you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)