Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to vent, because I am sooo mad at my best friend and I can't say anything!!!!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 21 Replies

My best friend married young, had kids young, and got divorced by the time she was 23. She has 2 amazing little boys, my godson's. I love them as if they were my own. Their father is a wonderful dad. He sees them as often as he can. He pays his child support without fail. He helps her out if she needs him to watch them for her. He, to me, is the dream baby daddy. She is the type that cannot be alone. She has jumped from man to man, never being single for more than a couple of days, if that. She completely changes her personality and interests to match those of the man in her life at the time. She does the same with her children. She will dress them like him, have them be interested in him and what he likes to do. Now over and over I have scolded her, given her advice, done everything I can to try to get her to realize it. She just constantly tells me I need to stop trying to be her mom. Now her sons' father, who I grew very close to while they were married and have stayed close friends with for the last few years, is working 2 jobs and has to move and it is his weekend to have the boys. She told him "tough, it's your weekend, figure it out". Now keep in mind he kept them for her when she moved earlier this month. He has always done everything he can for those boys. On top of all this, she told him she is speaking to an attorney about terminating his visitation rights?!?!

She makes me sooo angry!! I would love to have a father for my son like she has for hers.

It probably doesn't help that she was raised by a woman who does insane things, and also had multiple husbands who she did the same things with as far as changing to be like them.

OKay rant over....any advice ladies?????

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
touchingstars
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Take his side in court
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell him that you'll go to bat for him if they do go to court.  Also...she cant just terminate his rights...there has to be a reason which she OBVIOUSLY doesnt have

Louisianamom88
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Geeez I have none :( so sad for the dad and boys. Good news is that I HIGHLY doubt they would terminate his visitation for no reason
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:33 PM

wow... well if he's a good dad then i dont see whythey would terminate his rights??? but that's jsut mean of her especially if he wants tobe in there lives. I have no advice but doesn't sound like a friend I would want. good luck!

Sunivondea
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd just offer to watch the boys while he moves. And hopefully you can talk your cunt friend out if fucking him over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I would quit being her friend. Help him out... tell him to take his boys on his weekend, and you will watch them... do something so it doesn't look bad on his part if she really does take him to court. Although, I don't see how his rights would be terminated if he sees his kids all the time and always pays support! 

Also, I know a judge would look for the more stable parent... and if she's jumping from man to man to man... he could prove him to be more fit than her for raising the boys, and he could probably win custody. But he'd have to prove that she is unstable... so take some texts (if any to prove she is unstable), facebook updates, and witnesses to court, and I bet he'd win custody! 

ProudmommyJess
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:37 PM

People grow and change and sometimes friendships dont survive. It sounds like maybe you should disconnect from her as a friend. She sounds very selfish and will probably just push you away the more you try to help. 

angie729
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:37 PM
She is a bitch!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyattlucasmama
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I know she can't get them terminated, if anything he could probably take them from her had he documented and nailed her for all the BAD things she has done over the course of the boys' lives. Sadly she has been my best friend for 12 years, and with this new bf, I never see her or talk to her much anymore, so I am always on the dad's side.

ria7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:38 PM
I was going to say you could offer to babysit while he moves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured