Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

went to walmart after work today, some parents are terrible.

Posted by   + Show Post
I ran in to return an extra box of window plastic. Decided to look around. In the junior section there was a lady yelling at her dd (around 11-12 yrs) that she was being a bitch and was grounded, the daughter asked her mom to stop yelling at her, and it wasn't fair to ground her because she didn't like the shirt her mom wanted her to get ( I eavesdropped to see the turnout) the daughter didn't like the shirt pattern ( it was fugly) the daughter wanted the same shirt just in a solid color. Mom then screamed at her that she was beyond grounded, and would not be going to school tomorrow as an added consequence for bring cocky, and dd would wear what she bought or would be sent to school naked.

The daughter liked the shirt but wanted a solid color, she was not cocky at all in fact she was very respectful and did not use any attitude with her mother, she stated what color she liked, and asked her mom to please not yell at her in public. I feel bad for her. She ended up getting the ugly ass shirt get mom wanted.

What do you think of this? Should I have said something to mom or store employee? I didn't I just gave the daughter an I'm so sorry look.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
allycat82080
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I agree with the other posters. If you said something, it might have made it worse. It's sad the behavior of some adults these days.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM

There could be more to what was going on then you heard, I personally would mind my own business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Not your kid, not your business.

Why is that such a hard concept to grasp on cm?!
zildjans_mom
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Hence I said that I said nothing

Quoting Anonymous:

Not your kid, not your business.

Why is that such a hard concept to grasp on cm?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I would have purchased the solid shirt for the child and handed her the bag without saying anything to the asshle mother.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Maybe not say something but I would have walked over and started "browsing" right by her. A lot of times women like that will shut up if someone else is there to witness their crapiness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM
That's sad. My kids are 7 and 6 and I have listened to what they waned since the first time they showed interest. I don't have to wear the clothes. They do. I wouldn't have said anything
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I think you need to find another source of entertainment besides eavesdropping and reporting back to CM. You have zero idea what else was going on with those two.

zildjans_mom
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I would have except when I started in that section it was on my way out, I was actually looking for crappy clearance work clothes, they weren't in the section when I got there

Quoting stefvan:

No, you shouldn't have said anything.  You should have moved to another department to witness more stupid people in Walmart.  I hate that place.  It makes my blood pressure go up just walking in.  Unfortunately, there is one less than mile from my house - some times is necessary. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I think you need to mind your own business!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)