Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can i take a bath during a miscarriage?*TMIupdate

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
2 moms liked this

Im having one right now and the pain is terrible. I just want to go into the tub, on my knees and just let the warm water sooth me. Is this okay? I wont use any bath soaps or anything!

Thanks for the support and replies. I really appreciate it and makes me feel better. I will sit in a bath chair and take a shower instead since infection may happen if i bathe. Thank you all very much. :)

*So yesterday, i took the shower and then i took a vicodin and prescription ibuprofen and laid in bed. I was cramping pretty badly but then it eased from the meds. I then passed out. I woke up 5 hours later and rushed to the toilet, and passed the embryo and sac. I caught the pregnancy and examined it to make sure I passed it all. Sure enough, I did. I was 8 weeks along but the embryo stopped growing last week. I had a missed miscarriage and was waiting to pass it on my own. My doctors allowed it and gave me meds to prepare for it. I went back to bed after a shower and slept for another 7 hours! I went to bed at 11:30 pm and woke up at 2:30 pm. The clotting is small and my bleeding is just like a normal bleeding. I feel fine now. A little sad and weak but things will get better. I go in next week to get an ultrasound to make sure it all passed. thanks for the replies. Some were sweet, supportive and helpful and some were just plain mean and ignorant. Of course I am online while having a miscarriage. I wanted to distract myself instead of thinking about it too much. And i already went to the doctors and gave me the info on when to go to the ER if it goes bad. It didn't. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aphrodisiac
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM

No idea

Gabbysmom715
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Bump ss for you loss!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beachbabies6
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM

im not sure , but my guess would be the warm water wouldnt be good because it thins your blood , im sorry about your loss

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM
i honestly have no clue. I dont see why thered be a problem but I could be wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aisforawesome
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM
My sister was in the bath when hers happened. If that helps at all...
mama2sqgl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM
yes its ok. I'm sorry your going thru that. try a heating pad on your tummg or lower back to that helped me when that happened to me.
allycat82080
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM
So sorry for your loss. I don't know. Google it.
superm0m877
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM

i dont see why not...maybe itll help it along?

kbornman21
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I did when I m/c. Depending on the severity, I mean if you're bleeding it happens. Just shower when you feel better. It helps. =\

Sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this

As in you are currently miscarrying? I would not get water down there during the process, at least that's what they told me. Its like when you actually give birth, no baths, douches, etc for like a month - 6 weeks after. ((hugs)), I have been there and it isn't a nice place to be or feeling to have.

Asked my Uncle really quick, and the answer is no. Your cervix is open, and you are prone to get infection if water gets into your uterus. He is an ER Dr.

Daisypath - (ywCW)Ticker id: wxXo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)