Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

c section

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:08 AM
  • 16 Replies

i feel like if im never going to feel the same ever again my baby just turned one month and one week

anybody have advice, storys about csection

by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angel0228
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:13 AM
I had a csection 16months ago and i still dont feel right lol. I just kind of got used to it i just hate my small belly and lack of feeling around my cut.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
roardiva
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:15 AM
I've had 3... I feel fine. What do you mean you don't feel right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kalie691
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:17 AM

I had a csection and I felt so horrible afterwards. I felt like less of a mom because I couldn't deliver him the way a woman should and he had to be subject to so many drugs. I had a mini meltdown when I found out they had stapled me back together like something you'd see on Frankenstein. It took a really long time of me looking in the mirror thinking how ugly the scar was and how inadequate a mom I must be.

However, my child is perfect. He's over a year now and he knows over a dozen signs, as well as speaks his mind verbally more often than not. I still find my scar unnattractive, but my DH kisses it and says it's the story of our first baby and how much I love him. My son has picked up on that and will occasionally lift up my shirt trying to find it so he can kiss it.

Recovery wise, I was healed up pretty much 2 weeks afterwards and haven't had any complications. I also know (due to extensive research) that if I want to try VBAC, which I do, I have a high chance of success.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:18 AM

I've had three of them and never had a problem honestly.  Good Luck!

angel0228
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:18 AM
You might not want to answer this but does sex ever feel the same because it hurts close to my cut its uncomfortable...

Quoting roardiva:

GatorsWife4Life
by Christina on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:19 AM

I have had two c-sections.  My dd was breech and they couldn't get her to turn so I had one. It was  horrible and I almost died. I was allergic to the anesthesia and they gave me three times the amount I was supposed to have. And they put it in the wrong pockets of my spine. I started getting my feeling back mid c-section and couldn't breathe or talk to tell anyone. It was horrible! Well, being as I had so many problems with dd, I was scared to death to have one with ds. It went perfect though and I recovered great. I had a horrible pregnancy but thank the Gods the surgery went great.

It did take me a while to grasp it all mentally though, so I kinda get what you are going through. It's just weird how it feels, I know. I thought I wasn't myself anymore after the first one. Is this your first? Either way, just keep your head up momma, things will get lots better, I promise. :)

gravitygirl1984
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:20 AM
I've had 3 my last was 7weeks ago and I've never had problems and I've felt great since I had mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roardiva
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:25 AM
Your only a month out, it can take up to 3 months to heal. My last xs was 6 months ago so my scar doesn't hurt anymore but it did.

Quoting angel0228:

You might not want to answer this but does sex ever feel the same because it hurts close to my cut its uncomfortable...

Quoting roardiva:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angel0228
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:28 AM
Lol im not OP i had my csection 16 months ago and it still hurts me. I was just wondering because you said youve had 3. Sorry if i confused you

Quoting roardiva:

Your only a month out, it can take up to 3 months to heal. My last xs was 6 months ago so my scar doesn't hurt anymore but it did.

Quoting angel0228:

Quoting roardiva:

roardiva
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:30 AM
Oh ha! Yup confused. Perhaps what you're feeling is the feeling coming back. It can take up to 2 years to get feeling back. Some never do.

Quoting angel0228:

Lol im not OP i had my csection 16 months ago and it still hurts me. I was just wondering because you said youve had 3. Sorry if i confused you

Quoting roardiva:

Quoting angel0228:

Quoting roardiva:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)