Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I sometimes worry my son was swapped at birth. UPDATE with pics

Posted by   + Show Post

I do believe he's biologically mine but there was time I questioned if he was. When he was born via c/section almost 2 years ago he had to be taken to NICU (only for 30mins) to have his lungs suctioned because they were still very full of fluid.

I was VERY doped up on pain killers and heavy asleep when he began to choke next to me, the nurse woke me to tell me she was taking him to NICU and I barely remember saying anything and fell back asleep (this was only about 11hours after he was born) after a while I woke up started to panic because he was gone.

I asked the nurse and she brought him back then I realised something strange; He didn't have his blanket I gave him but a hospital blanket. I asked and the nurse said they must of changed it and she would look for his "first blanky" she never found it.

Then it got stranger... The nurses changed shift and a different nurse came in, she wrote down my "mothers ID" number and then checked DSs ID tag he had a different mother ID number but I had his baby ID number on my ID band.

Nothing was ever said they just changed the number and continued like it was normal.

Would that worry you? I do believe 100% that he's my son but well its kinda a possibility that he is :/

update:

Will I do a DNA test? I will talk to DF about it I do want to rule it out since its a worry that I have had for a while (which fades with time and the more he grows up)

Does it affect our relationship? In the begining with PPD and not bonding I thought about it a lot more then I should have. But now I don't care, When I look into it deeper I think my PPD was trying to find a reason as to why I didn't "love him" but now regardless if he's biologically mine or not, He is my son and Iove him, he's my world and If I do a DNA and it proves he's not our son I wouldn't "swap"  him back. DNA doesn't  make you a parent in my eyes.

I am also a mix of Australian Aboriginal and white Aussie and his daddy is Kiwi (White New Zealander) He has the dark side of the aboriginal features.

And here are some pics that some asked for which I think are the same kid :)

BEFORE NICU

THE NEXT DAY AFTER THE NICU:

THEN A FEW DAYS LATER AT HOME:

me as a child

and this is why I think he is mine lol DS before his hair cut !

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I am Co-Sleeping, Co-Bathing, Pro-Choice, Non Circumcising, C-sectioned, Mix Feeding, Baby Wearing, Tattooed and Pierced AUSTRALIAN Mummy :)
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Replies (471-480):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Looks like the same baby to me. What a cutie!

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I don't think you even need a DNA test, but just to get the thought out of your head I think you should do it.  Thats definately the same baby.

3mommyandwifey
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Looks like the same baby.that few hours after birth they change so much but he looks like you.and the babies look the same
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:36 AM

He is DEFINETLY the same child.

LyndseyBlake980
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:40 AM

looking at the pics its the same baby IMO

MrsRinehart2010
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting charliebean:

I read somewhere that an average of 10 babies a day are switched. O.o

this is why my kids never left my or my husbands sight. when they took them to the nursery to do tests on them I walked down an stood right out side that door with both of my girls :O) .an then right back to my room they went

jamiebell
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I kinda find that hard to believe. Hospitals are VERY careful and have strict protocol so these things do not happen. If you think these statics are average or normal, you need to research your hospital that you're giving birth at!

Quoting kattu:

I've read the same thing. Its a pretty common statistic.

Quoting msjoecool:

I'm not the one who's been making outrageous claims. I don't have to look up your proof for you. Since you can't provide a source, you're making things up.

Quoting charliebean:

Google, lol.

Quoting msjoecool:

Very interesting. Please cite your source; I would love to read more.

Quoting charliebean:

I read somewhere that an average of 10 babies a day are switched. O.o

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM
After seeing the pics I think he is your son!

Btw- he is a adorable!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not CafeYoungMomsOnly, it's CafeMom. Don't be ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. But my mom is a grandma at 50. My grandma was 48 when I was born. 50 is grandma age. Not mom enough to be on cafemom. Cafemom was meant for young moms..at least of was IMO. My mom wouldn't come on here cause her kids are grown. And she's 51.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did she say she was a grandma? Not that it matters, but I didn't see that being said. I am 42 and have a 13 year old and an 8 year old. No where near being a grandma. Some people wait until they are completely secure in life before they start having babies. 50 is not that old...

Quoting Anonymous:

I hardly see grandma's on here. I.thought it was mainly young moms. LOL

Quoting TomiiM:

Quoting Anonymous:

So, when your 50 you suddenly stop being a mom??? Lol. You must be really young...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funglemuggle
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting charliebean:

It's not CafeYoungMomsOnly, it's CafeMom. Don't be ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. But my mom is a grandma at 50. My grandma was 48 when I was born. 50 is grandma age. Not mom enough to be on cafemom. Cafemom was meant for young moms..at least of was IMO. My mom wouldn't come on here cause her kids are grown. And she's 51.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did she say she was a grandma? Not that it matters, but I didn't see that being said. I am 42 and have a 13 year old and an 8 year old. No where near being a grandma. Some people wait until they are completely secure in life before they start having babies. 50 is not that old...

Quoting Anonymous:

I hardly see grandma's on here. I.thought it was mainly young moms. LOL

Quoting TomiiM:

Quoting Anonymous:

So, when your 50 you suddenly stop being a mom??? Lol. You must be really young...

I'm actually 60. lol

and to answer the other little girls questions:

No, I am not a grandma.

My daughter just turned 20 and is away at college majoring in pre med. She didn't run out and find a tenant for her uterus at the age of 19. She's much smarter than that and i applaud that.

Yes, i had her late because i too wasn't in a rush to occupy my uterus.

I am still a mother. Always will be a mother. Always will classify myself as a mother, didnt' realize you had to be knocked up, recently been knocked up or had been knocked up less than 18 years ago to be a member here. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)