Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it odd to do things without DH and vice versa?

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  • 19 Replies

My parents and grandparents both have motorhomes so they like to go on frequent 3 day weekend trips.  My DH works full time so he usually can not go since they either leave on a Friday or come home on a Monday.  Me and our one year old DD usually go with them though.  He also is really into racing and a couple of times a month the local track has a "midnight madness" event that starts about five on a Saturday and lasts until midnight.  He normally goes to those by himself.  Sometimes he will go hang out with his racing buddies also.  We still spend time together, usually every week night we are home together.  And he isn't skipping out on spending time with our DD, he goes to all of her pageants, and plays in the floor with her every night.  I was just wondering if it is commen to have things that you do fairly often without your SO?

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I know a lot of people that do things like that without their DH/SO. It's good for relationships to have the time to miss the other.

EVOnBINX
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM
I wish I could do thing without him but I don't have a license lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-_-
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM
It's common, and good to have your own things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM
It sounds like you guys have fun together and apart. Healthy:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I think its totally normal and healthy for a marriage. I think doing everything together can ruin a marriage. Way too much pressure. You either have to do a bunch of shit you would rather not do or ask your spouse to quit doing the things he likes. That's just not healthy.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM
We do things apart. I go away overnight once a month or once every two months without him and I go out with the girls once or twice a month without DH. areHe goes out without me too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyColtrain
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I guess b/c we've just gotten to where we do stuff apart that it seems weird.  Before we had our DD I would usually go with him to his track events.  Now, there is NO way I could stay up that late, even if I could get a babysitter lol.  And of course for about the first six months after having our DD neither one of us did much of anything!

RobJar
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Totally normal. I can't have my husband up my ass all the time. That would get annoying!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Krissy on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM

We don't really do anything without the other. Not because we feel that we should be with each other always. But because we just don't get out much and have nothing to do. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
The only things we do separately is grocery shopping and him going to work. Other than that, we do it together. Dh's work schedule is crazy. He works 12hrs overnights, then sleeps all day. He does this 3-5 times a week. So what time he has off we do things together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)