Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you interact with your baby before he/she was born?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm curious if I'm just really odd.
I "play" with my baby several times a day. Ill gently poke my belly and get him to kick me back and ill move around and see if he can move to kick that spot too. The further along I get, the more easily he does it (we're up to a little over half the time he'll kick/punch where I poke)

Also I talk to/read to/ sing to my belly. I call him by his name....
It just makes be feel a connection with him even though I know it doesn't mean anything.

Sorry this is long but I was just curious if others interact with their unborn babies.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
Gabeybaby0504
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM
IMO it's the start of a healthy bond. DH and I talked to and played with our babies during both pregnancies. I loved playing the poking game, trying to get them to kick my hand :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angie944
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I sure did! I would sing/play music for her.  I would talk away to her when i was driving by myself. LOL... My DH wasnt like that though.  I would make him feel her kick.  But once she was born, he fell in love completely!! =)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM
I did. Neither of their dads did. I pick real winners huh.
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I went for a walk every morning and made a habit of talking to him during that time. I knew he could hear me, so I didn't see why not. I also tucked one of my earbuds under my waistband while listening to music so he could hear too. I can't even imagine the kicking game; he spent a good portion of the end of the pregnancy with his toes in my ribs - ouch!

Rhiannon1980
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Yes dh and I both did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anon1986East
by Kali on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Yes I did. Though I'd get irritated with my 2nd child because I had to do non stress tests twice a week for the last 2 months of my pregnancy and it took forever because she kept kicking the damn monitors strapped to my belly.

This posts actually reminds me of my twins, I wish I had a video of the ultrasound, when I was pregnant with them. We went for our 20 week ultrasound and watched on the screen as they hit each other...then they were squishing up against one another. I looked at my husband and said "aw, they're already like you when you and your brothers get shitfaced - fucking fighting and then hugging."

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:22 PM

After I discovered i was pregnant I sang you are my sunshine at least three times a day while rocking back n forth. 5 years later its still his comfort song.

tinkerbelle18
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Yes, I did and so did my DH. We read to them, talked to them and played with them. I even played music for them by putting earphones over my belly and playing soft classical music. My daughters loved to watch my son "dance" in my belly.

jasyoung2012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I am only 8 weeks or so but my DH will talk to the baby while I do stuff (watch tv or listen to music). We talk to our unborn baby all the time...our child will be CY whether it is a boy or girl (Charles or Crystal) so we call it CY or peanut. Today my DH was getting ready for work and started talking about the fact that tomorrow we get our first ultrasound and that we finally get to see our little peanut...so yes we are always talking to our little one :)

AleaKat
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Did it all the time with mine.
My mom used to talk into my stomach like she was ordering at the drive through or something. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)