Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you interact with your baby before he/she was born?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm curious if I'm just really odd.
I "play" with my baby several times a day. Ill gently poke my belly and get him to kick me back and ill move around and see if he can move to kick that spot too. The further along I get, the more easily he does it (we're up to a little over half the time he'll kick/punch where I poke)

Also I talk to/read to/ sing to my belly. I call him by his name....
It just makes be feel a connection with him even though I know it doesn't mean anything.

Sorry this is long but I was just curious if others interact with their unborn babies.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Replies (21-22):
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Yup when they kicked I'd poke back too Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:25 PM

That is not weird I did so with my twins I would lay down and listen to music or sing and talk to them and poke them. With this one SO rubs my belly and talks to baby and I do the same. As I get further I will begin reading and playing music to it. It does form a bond even though the baby already knows who you are and can hear from inside the womb it makes sense. I watched Friends (tv show) everyday while pregnant with my twins and I played classical music to them to this day when I turn friends on they listen to it they are 5 now and when I turn on classical music it calms them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN