Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession: I just had a temper tantrum...sort of

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

I feel like it was a temper tantrum at least. I got yet another rejection email for a job that I interviewed for and was really hoping I would get. Right now, I have a job I hate that doesn't pay the bills. Yes, I have a fiance who pays half of OUR bills, but I would never ask him to pay on my credit cards or to pay my ginormous dental bill (he's offered, but he really can't afford it either)....those are what I'm struggling with, if I could just pay those off...I'd be fine. I would still hate my job but I'd be ok money wise. I came home from work today and broke down a little bit and cried only to hear from my fiance "I'm tired of your can't do attitude...you should be greatful to even havea job in the first place..you're just gonna have to suck it up and tough it out". SERIOUSLY.

That's when I lost it. I can't even feel sorry for myself after going on 8 interviews and getting 8 rejection emails, not to mention the rejection emails that I've gotten before I even get a call for an interview. After awhile, that shit takes a toll on your confidence. I got up and went to take a shower and bawled my eyes out for a good twenty minutes...and just wanted to curl up into a ball and hide.

And I am so tired of having to suck it up and tough it out. I am tired of putting my big girl panties on and putting that smile on my face evey single day when all I think about is if my account is going to be overdrawn at the end of the month. I've budgeted, cut costs, done everything I can and I always have too much month at the end of my money. I have a bachelor's degree and it is useless, I didn't need it to get the job I have now and jobs are so hard to come by that any one with even one more year experience than me is more qualified. THIS SUCKS.

I don't want to be grown up anymore.

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:16 PM

what kind of jobs are you applying for and what is the pay?  maybe you are asking too much pay and/or dont have the experience.

i had to turn down a job because it payed too little,  i've been rejected from plenty of jobs because i asked too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Honey, I'm in almost the same boat as you. I have a bachelor's degree, and I have been laid off for 17 months. I've applied for literally hundreds of jobs in the past 17 months, and have had maybe 6 interviews.

My husband has been working 6-7 days a week for the past year, and we still can't make ends meet. I feel like a total failure not even being able to find a temp job.

I'm at the point where my only option is taking a part time job cleaning houses, with a family friend's company, for maybe $10 an hour.

Yeah, that's a great self esteem builder, knowing that's all I can get, even with a bachelor's degree and years of solid work experience. I honestly think I'd have had a job a long time ago if I just had a high school diploma and a year or two of work experience.

Most days I just want to cry, too. I totally feel your pain. Hopefully things will get better for both of us soon. Hang in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Nope. All interviews I went on, they told me "this is how much this job pays...is that something you're interested in"...and there was only one that offered me less than I make now. That is the only one I responded negatively to. Everytime they asked me on applications or during interviews, I've always given them a much lower number than what they would actually pay.

I work in social services, and want to keep working in social services, but I work for an agency that is well aware that they are under-paying us and are not willing to change that. (they had a wage analysis done of the company and it came back saying that we are 30-35% underpaid (which we are, at any other agency in the state of Ohio, I would be paid at least $3 more per hour for my position...I've looked into this)....and the ceo was unhappy with that and sent the analysis out to someone else to do...basically he doesn't think we're underpaid and will send the analysis out again and again until he gets the answer he wants)

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

what kind of jobs are you applying for and what is the pay?  maybe you are asking too much pay and/or dont have the experience.

i had to turn down a job because it payed too little,  i've been rejected from plenty of jobs because i asked too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Hey, I'm in Ohio, too! The job market here sucks, downright sucks. My last job was with a small nonprofit organization, and I was way underpaid, too. The only good thing was that I had a ton of paid time off. But yes, the pay was lousy.

Quoting dbrown1989:

Nope. All interviews I went on, they told me "this is how much this job pays...is that something you're interested in"...and there was only one that offered me less than I make now. That is the only one I responded negatively to. Everytime they asked me on applications or during interviews, I've always given them a much lower number than what they would actually pay.

I work in social services, and want to keep working in social services, but I work for an agency that is well aware that they are under-paying us and are not willing to change that. (they had a wage analysis done of the company and it came back saying that we are 30-35% underpaid (which we are, at any other agency in the state of Ohio, I would be paid at least $3 more per hour for my position...I've looked into this)....and the ceo was unhappy with that and sent the analysis out to someone else to do...basically he doesn't think we're underpaid and will send the analysis out again and again until he gets the answer he wants)

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:25 PM

good luck then... just breathe... you have a paying job right now, and while it may not seem like you are making a dent in any of your bills, its still something... i am from NYC area so the jobs are plenty here, so i cant really compare to Ohio

Quoting dbrown1989:

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN