Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

don't think SAHMs should use daycare POLL added

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Agree or Disagree? There is not OTHER you either agree with this statement or not

Options:

Agree

Disagree

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 265

View Results

Unless they have no choice for reasons like working fulltime or ON campus studies. The whole "I need a break" is bullshit. If you do use daycare when you don't work or have to study on campus then your lazy.

I am a Stay at home mom that doesn't throw her kids off to strangers. Toddlers in daycare fine! but a baby? Horrible. they cannot even tell you if something happens to them.

This is only for woman who use it more then once a week and their child is younger then 12 months.

Well sorry but I cannot understand how a mom would want a break from a child that cannot talk, walk or even move yet.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM

For toddlers and up its fine but sending a baby to socialize?

Quoting CABZS:

Why not?

Great socialization for kids & if they are paying for it why shouldn't they?

I think this thought is ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they should but not using daycare

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

so SAHM's shouldn't get a break?

kerwolfe712
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Sometimes, a well qualified and well paid stranger is a better option than a family member.  Just because they are family doesn't make them fit to take care of a child.  Additionally, not all of us are fortunate enough to have family near by. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It is different a stranger being paid to to their job will never have the same love a family member will.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

why not thats what its there for to be used its not different then having your parents or other family or friends watch your child so you can go out without them

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Sometimes us nannies care more about the kids than many relatives . I can back up my words being a relative doesnt guarantee anyone " real love "

Quoting Anonymous:

It is different a stranger being paid to to their job will never have the same love a family member will.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

why not thats what its there for to be used its not different then having your parents or other family or friends watch your child so you can go out without them

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

addiecakesmommy
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM
2 moms liked this

What's wrong with that, though? If they can afford it then why do they have to be go-go-go all the time? What is with this idea that sahms have to be busy bodies or involved with all sorts of things? A stay at home mom is nothing more than a mom who stays home instead of going to work. All that other stuff like cooking, cleaning, volunteering, etc. isn't in every ones definition of being a stay at home mom. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You work. Some woman just use it so they can sit and be lazy.

Quoting mommybecky:

I disagree. I have 4 kids. Two in school full time and 2 in preschool for 2 half days a week. I like to volunteer at the schools and attend holiday parties. I use babysitters so I can be there for my older kids. I also send my youngest to a Mother's Day out one day week so I can work on photo proofing and orders for clients.

You shouldn't judge others.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM
What's the difference between on campus and off campus studies? I think it would be super hard to do online classes with a baby at home. If I did online I would do daycare.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I went to play groups w/my babies from 4 months on; so yeah why not.

And even if it is to give mom a bit of time to get stuff done, or shop w/o her child why is that not allowed according to you?

What is your issue w/it?

Quoting Anonymous:

For toddlers and up its fine but sending a baby to socialize?

Quoting CABZS:

Why not?

Great socialization for kids & if they are paying for it why shouldn't they?

I think this thought is ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

NoahandEliza
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Ok, except that not everyone feels that way. You thinking someone is lazy doesn't make it true.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell me...what is this magical change that occurs when children turn 5 and start school (being watched by strangers)? Or are you planning to homeschool?

singlemom1208
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Why not?
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM
3 moms liked this
This is so stupid.

I do everything myself 24/7. If I wanted a break I put her in daycare so I could go to the gym, golf, go to the doctor, sleep, lay on my couch and do nothing, go canoeing, etc.

My whole life isn't caring for a kid 24/7 I am allowed to do fun adult stuff too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)