Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nine Year old Gives Birth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 210 Replies

9-year-old girl gives birth to a baby boy

In northeast China last Sunday, a 9-year-old girl gave birth to a healthy 6-pound baby boy. The identity of the father has not yet been released, although the police have reportedly been contacted. 

According to news.com.au in Australia, the baby was delivered by cesarean section at a Changchun hospital, and both the mom and newborn are doing well.

The Pregnancy Pact: Talking about teen pregnancy

Sadly, she is not the youngest girl to deliver a baby, according to other published reports. Two girls in Peru, ages 5 and 8, are both on record as giving birth to children of their own. (See a list at Wikipedia of the youngest birth mothers here.) 

How young is too young to be a mom? What do you think this newborn's life will be like given this kind of beginning? 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Blake12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this
That's sad :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:53 AM
How sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:55 AM
10 moms liked this

That's just sad in this day and age, there is so much more for children to do in life than to be parents before their time, and a in a child that young it's just criminal.  That's why I have such an issue with teen pregnancy, it annoys me that the parents haven't taught them that there is no reason to rush, and in this case have not protected the child.

ShirreeM
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:56 AM
That is sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:58 AM
8 moms liked this

Omg... how heartbreaking. Something terrible obviously happened to her. Idgaf about rights, my daughter would have never carried that child.

As for the record of youngest to give birth (the peru girls)... no words.. Its unimaginable.

Mommytotwins44
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:59 AM
that is so sad...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:00 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sapphire-rose
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM
4 moms liked this

Omg and i am  getting bashed for trying to control my 13 yr old and here is a 9 nine year old  having a baby. I am trying to stop that until the age of 18 and they can move out of my house , then decide if they want a baby..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:26 AM
17 moms liked this

That's their culture. In many cultures/countries around the world (second, third and fourth world to be precise) girls are adults when they get their first menses and boys are adults when they get their first wet dream.  Once they achieve this they are adults under their culture and can get  married and are expected to take on adult duties.  In African nations boys often perform a rite of passage into adulthood before they become men.  For example there is an African tribe (don't remember which country) where when a boy comes of age he has to run over three herds of cattle without falling off.  If he falls off then he shames his family and can never enter adulthood. He will be a boy forever.  In another African tribe girls are whipped and egg the boy on to whip them for the boy to pass into adulthood.  We as Americans need to realize that not every country is like America and respect other's cultures even if they seem wrong to us.   It is sad that the girl is a mother at nine years old but our periods are a sign that we are now able to bear children. That's the whole point of them in the first place.  Most likely this girl was raped or married off young.  Since it is China... and they have a shortage of women/are known for hating girls I would not be surprised if this girl was sold off into marriage by her parents to get rid of her.  I don't know why these stories come as a shock to most Americans.  And this story is two years old.  There are girls who would be seen as 'teenagers' in U.S. who grow up in third world countries and WILLINGLY GET MARRIED.  Not all girls are "forced" to marry as teenagers despite many people in our society choosing to believe otherwise.  Yeah there are girls who are forced against their will but there are also girls who willingly choose to marry young.  In my religion we are encourage to marry young to avoid falling into adultery/fornication-both of which are strict sins in my religion (Islam).  In Judaism a boy becomes an adult at 13 years old.  In some Arab countries (Palestine for example) a girl is an old maid if she isn't married by 25 years old and people will talk about her and wonder why she isn't married and she will no longer be considered marriage material so she suffers due to cultural beliefs. 

Michellina11234
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

that is simply insane

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)