Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

confessions of a retail clerk....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 164 Replies
3 moms liked this
I hate it when people come in and cannot speak English. I refuse to make an effort to learn Spanish when so many have clearly not made an effort to learn English. (I have learned French and Chinese. French was pushed out of my brain by Chinese, but I could communicate if needed.)

I also hate it when I'm handed a wad of bills, sometimes damp. I have to flatten out these nasty bills and it as time consuming for me as it is for you.

I am always afraid to answer the phone, because I don't want to get chewed out because we don't have lay-away. You can plan for the holidays the way I do, by budgeting out a certain amount from each paycheck.

I am not the decision maker. The decision makers are hundreds of miles a way. I have no influence, and there is someone in line behind you.

I do not want to discuss politics. Period.

Please do not get angry with me. I am doing my best to help. I may be having a bad day. My SO might have lost his job (hypothetical). I may have an invisible disease. My kid might be sick.

/end rant....for now/
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RLT2
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:53 PM
12 moms liked this

There's a disease that makes you turn invisible? fuck    ;)

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM
7 moms liked this

i totally second the language thing. 

i refuse to mime or play charades with you. if you're in an english speaking store, and the cashiers speak english....then speak english. 

another thing i used to hate...

the sign says $1.99 and up. Don't get mad at me when you pull something of the rack that rings up at $2.99. Don't point to the sign and demand me to price match. Fool. It says AND UP. 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:55 PM

and that is why people in general suck :) not you op, I'm talking about the customers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I couldn't agree more! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Haha I wish....

Diseases that are not seen. Autoimmune, like fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis... diabetes, depression, etc.

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I work in a restaurant and the way ppl treat our waitresses is disgusting...I watched an old man throw a menu at our one girl...She makes $2.83 an hour...you think she really has decision making ability???  I think not...

winkyloafer
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I thought that any kind of work place wasn't supposed to discuss religion or politics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Quoting bustybee:

and that is why people in general suck :) not you op, I'm talking about the customers

I'm not so dense to take your comment personally.lol. i understand why you have to clarify though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Quoting winkyloafer:

I thought that any kind of work place wasn't supposed to discuss religion or politics.

Doesn't stop customers from pushing their agenda.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I work in a restaurant and the way ppl treat our waitresses is disgusting...I watched an old man throw a menu at our one girl...She makes $2.83 an hour...you think she really has decision making ability???  I think not...

I have seen the ugliness. Makes me sad and mad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured