Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bully? I dont know. Opinions

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM
  • 15 Replies

My son has been having issues with this kid at school.  The first time i heard about it, the kid had been relentlessly giving him noogies, my son asked him to stop repeatedly but he didn't.  Well one day he went ot put his hands up to block his head and poked the kid in teh eye.  That poke wouldn't have happened if this kid kept his hands to himself.  So, this kid punched my son in the mouth and they both got whiteslips sent home.  I refused to sign it and said the school needs to protect my son from being bullied by this one boy.  Everyday since then my son has come home crying because this kid calls him a bitch, pushes him in line, and tries to tackle him on the playground.  Finally, I told my son to go to the school counselor.  I figured she would best help him because of her training, and because she knows my son.  He is in her social skills class because emotionally he is behind his peers.  Anyways, all she said was "we have been getting complaints from many students about this kid." 

Thats it.  No advice, no sympathy, no empathy.  Just "you're not the only one".

So, I am unsure of where I go to get this matter resolved.  The principal, the teacher. 

Any advice?

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
The principal, then the superintendent, then the news. Stop when one of those works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM
You don't know what to do? What are you 7?
JBiiirdD
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Growing up my aunt always told me "Don't let anyone push you around. I'd rather you get in trouble at school for defending yourself than let someone think they can put their hands on you." I only had to do it once & it stopped.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MyMonkeyMadness
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Go to the pricipal if they do nothing then go to the school board!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Your sonn needs to bully another child,his own bully then will see him as an equal.

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Forget the counselor, go to the Principal and DEMAND that s/he does something to stop this bully, otherwise you'll be contacting a lawyer!  Schools are REQUIRED by Title VII to provide a hostile-free environment for learning.  If the Principal knows about the bullying and does nothing, s/he will be held liable!

cdjak
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I sincerely hope you were joking. How can you suggest that one child victimizing another will ever solve a problem? And what kind of role model would a parent be who actually TOLD their child to go be a bully to someone else? You should be careful about what you suggest-what if this mother actually took your advice? (Inconceivable as that idea is..) You would be indirectly responsible for perpetuating bullying. 

If you were serious, now I know where bullies come from.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your sonn needs to bully another child,his own bully then will see him as an equal.

Katrina316
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Go to the principal. I had a similar incident with my dd and some little bully girl in her class. They used to sit together in class and I spoke to the teacher and my dd was moved to a different table. But my dd teacher said that she wasn't the only one getting bullied by this little brat. So I asked what was going to happened to the girl and she didn't give me an answer. So I went to the principal. She called in the girls mother and they had a meeting. Now that girl doesn't bother anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Go to the principal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured