Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is it Romney wants to get rid of PPH?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 233 Replies
2 moms liked this

Okay, I haven't been following the election all that much. But I keep reading here and there that he wants to get rid of Planned Parent Hood, my question is why? Why does this man feel as though he should have the right to get rid of it? Why does the government want to control who has an abortion or not? To me, someone having an abortion shouldn't be any of the governments business. They should stick on task on what is best for this country and how to help this country. Getting rid of planned parent hood, shouldn't even be on their list.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:06 AM
34 moms liked this

He doesn't want to get rid of PPH, he simply doesn't want the government to fund it. 

rockyhugs35
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:07 AM
This.
Government shouldn't find that.

Quoting Canvas_says:

He doesn't want to get rid of PPH, he simply doesn't want the government to fund it. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:08 AM
6 moms liked this

What she said.  Why should our tax dollars fund PP when our healthcare system sucks majorly because of Obama?  Trust me, PP isn't going anywhere...they rake in too much money.  

Quoting Canvas_says:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Well, that is good to hear he doesn't want to get rid of it. I understand not wanting to fund it though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this
He doesn't want the government to fund it..he also doesn't want the government to fund PBS. Which since we need to slash the budget I don't see how doing either is that big of a deal..and no I'm not voting for romney
Sandy418
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:21 AM
6 moms liked this

Are you joking about health care that it's Obama's fault? He signed the obamacare and romney wants to stop it as soon as he is elected. Goodness did anyone watch the debates?

oking about thAnonymous:

What she said.  Why should our tax dollars fund PP when our healthcare system sucks majorly because of Obama?  Trust me, PP isn't going anywhere...they rake in too much money.  

Quoting Canvas_says:

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:23 AM
33 moms liked this

If people don't want the government to fund PP, then they should also want to ensure that the pro life crisis pregnancy centers are not federally funded either.  They are religiously based, give inaccurate information and often are satellite centers for adoption agencies and local adoption lawyers.  Why should our tax dollars go to them when they can't even give a woman an accurate information and push "god"?

PP does more than just abortions.  They offer low cost birth control, exams, etc.  But universe forbid women have any control over when they're ready to have kids. 

JMmomof2
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Just cut funding not eliminate planned parenthood. As a country we need to slim down and cut spending. Not enough people pay taxes and that means limited income. Pph and PBS will still exist, just without government funding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM
6 moms liked this
While pph is federally funded, the money they get is not legally allowed to cover abortions. That is why they are so expensive. Federal money goes towards low cost mamograms, annual exams, bc for those that can't afford it otherwise and counseling services for those who have an unplanned pregnancy.

He is going to take away funding to help women obtain their annual exams, which are necessary. Without pph many women won't be able to obtain these services.

Those who want an abortion must pay out of pocket, in full before they have the procedure. Not a dime of federal funding goes towards it. He is seriously misguided if he thinks it does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:26 AM
13 moms liked this
Lmfao our health care system has been sucking LOOOOONG before Obama got into office. He is just the first person that's been able to attempt to do something about it... and look at the shit he's getting for it. It's been broken, it needs fixing, he has made some initial steps but it still has a long way to go.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Canvas_says:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)