Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you be upset if your chikds teacher did this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies
dd is in K and has been going since the mjddle of august. Yesterday was her first day of finger painting and she was given a print out of a spider to paint and dd was tild hers wouldnt be displayed in the hallway with the rest of the class because she painted over the spider.
She was very upset and I didnt send her to school today bc I plan on going to speak w the teacher. This is the teachers first year at teaching K and she is treating them as if they are her old 3rd graders.
am I over reacting?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michellina11234
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah we would have a talk about that. That is not right.

PixieKiss403
by Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Nope! I'd be pissed!!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChicMommy06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM
27 moms liked this
She didn't follow directions, this is a lesson. You should have sent her to school. You are sending her the wrong message.
RLT2
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Fingerpaint Nazi? jeez, they're little kids-I'd talk to her

TarantulaTress
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM
No. I'd be upset too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robynlo77
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Well...I don't know too many Kinders that are able to TOTALLY color/paint in the lines

I would definetly talk to the teacher!

AnnaNonamus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM
16 moms liked this
Yes, you are over reacting, especially in keeping your daughter home from school over it. The teacher should not have said what she did, but your daughter is never going to learn to deal with disappointment if you sweep in, guns blazing, every time something happens.
DarksMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM

It's just Kindy...teacher needs to get a grip, and if I were you, I'd post that painting right up next to the other kids' work while the teacher and her boss both watch.

TypeAndRun
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM

You made it worse by keeping her home.  Sure talk to the teacher provately, but don't make a big deal out of it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:26 AM
13 moms liked this
Yes you are overreacting. In kindergarten a child should know how to finger paint a printed out spider and follow directions. This teacher has high expectations for her students apparently and will push them to do their best.

Let me guess your one of those parents who think little Susie needs a trophy for participating. Life isn't always fair.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured