Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you be upset if your chikds teacher did this

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
dd is in K and has been going since the mjddle of august. Yesterday was her first day of finger painting and she was given a print out of a spider to paint and dd was tild hers wouldnt be displayed in the hallway with the rest of the class because she painted over the spider.
She was very upset and I didnt send her to school today bc I plan on going to speak w the teacher. This is the teachers first year at teaching K and she is treating them as if they are her old 3rd graders.
am I over reacting?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
kailalaila
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I would be upset.

kaykaymomi10
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
You are definitely overreacting its not that big of a deal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I wouldn't of kept my child out of school, but I would be saying something.

alwayskk
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM

It's just a finger painting, dude.

My daughter didn't get a bracelet yesterday because she drew a flower on her folder. I thought the teacher was being petty but for me to get all pissed off and keep her home and demand to have a conference over a bracelet would be just as petty.

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this

IDK both my kids could paint & color in the lines in Kindergarten.  Didn't always happen but if they were told to they would.

So if your DD didn't follow directions then what lesson have you taught her?

I'm sorry I'm not one of those parents where I coddle my child & think every child should ALWAYS get something or be able to participate.

I think the only thing I would have done was talk to the teacher & tell her she could've explained it better & maybe given a 2nd chance.  But I definitely wouldn't have kept her out of school.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I agree with this. Have a talk with the teacher and ask for a redo maybe but you are making a way big deal out of this.

Quoting Anonymous:I agre

Yes you are overreacting. In kindergarten a child should know how to finger paint a printed out spider and follow directions. This teacher has high expectations for her students apparently and will push them to do their best.

Let me guess your one of those parents who think little Susie needs a trophy for participating. Life isn't always fair.

Kim  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
You kept your daughter home because the teacher didn't hang up her artwork? And you got this information from a 5yr old?

First off, you're overreacting...majorly. Secondly, kids can sometimes exaggerate things, or it could have been the way your daughter told you, but still you're over the top. If you're acting like this and she's just in kindergarten, I pray for the teachers when she gets to third or fourth grade.
KME3
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I would definitely talk with the teacher...that's ridiculous... I walk through the halls of my kids' school and some of that stuff looks like the kid was seizing during color time lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queenamy
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

that's so wrong! they are so young and painting is a form of expressing your self. telling her she didn't do it "right" can mess with her mentality 

Lizardannie1966
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

While I believe the teacher was in the wrong, who were you punishing by not sending your child to school today?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured