Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you be upset if your chikds teacher did this

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
dd is in K and has been going since the mjddle of august. Yesterday was her first day of finger painting and she was given a print out of a spider to paint and dd was tild hers wouldnt be displayed in the hallway with the rest of the class because she painted over the spider.
She was very upset and I didnt send her to school today bc I plan on going to speak w the teacher. This is the teachers first year at teaching K and she is treating them as if they are her old 3rd graders.
am I over reacting?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Replies (31-40):
MomofAlice
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I would be talking to the teacher however, DD would've gone to school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Both. I'd be irritated and would say something to the teacher but I think you're going a little (a LOT) over the top with keeping her home from school today.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Definitely overreacting..I can't believe you kept your child from going to school over something so trivial.

Try talking to your child about disappointment/expectations/trying harder.. Sounds harsh but i think we need to teach kids how to rise above some of this stuff and learn to move on.. 

You might want to consider a little counseling for yourself...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I don't think this situation warrants keeping your DD home. I know it is hard for us as parents to see our children hurt, but this is a life lesson. If you don't follow directions-and something goes wrong-there are consequences. Perhaps she was given a specific directions in regard to the painting the spider that she did not follow. Part of the learning process in K is learning how to follow directions. Granted the teachers methods seem harsh-but just talk to her first before making her the "bad guy". 

TresHijas111825
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Quoting inmybizz:

Definitely overreacting..I can't believe you kept your child from going to school over something so trivial.

Try talking to your child about disappointment/expectations/trying harder.. Sounds harsh but i think we need to teach kids how to rise above some of this stuff and learn to move on.. 

Kitschy
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Keeping her home from school and undermining the teacher when your DD didn't follow directions is a bad idea IMO. You can still talk to the teacher but you and your child's teacher should be working together and you have to back the play.

ddhb2007
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Seriously? You kept her HOME? Your child didn't follow directions. There is no issue to be upset about. Now, you just taught your child that she doesn't need to listen to the teacher. That deserves the Mom of the Year award.
stefvan
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Where they all displayed or a few?  But, keeping her home is teaching her a very bad lesson.

Shelbypb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:44 AM
I would be mad she is only 5 and they shouldn't make her hate school so early
CafeMom Tickers
angevil53
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
When you wake up and realize your kid isn't perfect and you're actually making a huge deal over a finger painting you're going to feel so foolish. She wants them to feel responsible and accountable. It starts early.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN