Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think part of a MOMs job should be... *edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
To take care of her own body. Sure, cleaning, cooking, playing, and all that is a
part of the job, but your own health should be at or near the top of the list.

I don't buy ANYONE'S reasoning of "I don't have time to exercise or eat right" as an excuse, but especially SAHMs. You should be able to carve time to focus on your body throughout the day, or incorporate it into your lifestyle with ease.

*of course, barring TRUE medical conditions...many of which can be reversed or at least maintained through a raw food diet*

ETA - this obviously should apply to everyone, not just SAHMs, as the original title said... it's just that I see the "I don't have time" line most often from SAHMs. I promise if you have time to do everything else, you have time to treat and fuel your body correctly.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Replies (241-246):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Did I ever say anything about fat? No. I said everyone has time to exercise. Being skinny does not equal healthy. Your body needs exercise and movement even if you aren't fat or look healthy.

See, reading something that isn't there and getting defensive about it.

Quoting Mommy2Jolee:

Well, I'm the one who posted this. I'll post a pic of myself and you can decide if I am fat or appear not to take care of myself....

Quoting Anonymous:

People that think this post is judging them are probably just defensive because they don't want to hear the truth.

All I said was... everyone has time to take care of their body. That's a fact, no matter what you have going. It was a simple message. If it bothers you, the problem lies with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

You must be a true supermom! So much extra time you can exercise AND judge. Nice.

GigantaursMommy
by MrsAwesomePants on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I do exercise and eat right but I want to say that it is very difficult sometimes to find time to go to the gym, especially when there wasn't a gym with a children play room anywhere near by. Now that I live by a gym that I don't have to pay out the wazoo for my children to be cared for while I work out I go 6 days a week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM
That's good! I wish people would get away from the idea that a workout can only take place in a gym though. I think that's part of the issue... many moms don't realize they can have an effective workout right inside their homes with nothing but their body weight. That's why I was saying everyone has time... even if they can't leave the house ya know?

Quoting GigantaursMommy:

I do exercise and eat right but I want to say that it is very difficult sometimes to find time to go to the gym, especially when there wasn't a gym with a children play room anywhere near by. Now that I live by a gym that I don't have to pay out the wazoo for my children to be cared for while I work out I go 6 days a week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I dont care what other moms do,stay at home or working moms.I have enough of my own stuff to worry about.

mommyrocioof3
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Some of us SAHMs don't really have time cuz we really are to busy with taking care of our kids and household.
4Poodle
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Quoting bluebunbun:

lmao sahm most of the time get very little to no time alone mom's that work can hit the gym for 30 min before coming home....

Anyone can hit the gym, they all have nurseries and most offer very widely accessible hours.    

I work, I never have the chance to pop in at the gym for 30 minutes, because that means on top of my 9 hrs at work, my 1 hour to and fro commute just increased and I would rather have that additional 30 minutes to spend with my family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)