Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think part of a MOMs job should be... *edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
To take care of her own body. Sure, cleaning, cooking, playing, and all that is a
part of the job, but your own health should be at or near the top of the list.

I don't buy ANYONE'S reasoning of "I don't have time to exercise or eat right" as an excuse, but especially SAHMs. You should be able to carve time to focus on your body throughout the day, or incorporate it into your lifestyle with ease.

*of course, barring TRUE medical conditions...many of which can be reversed or at least maintained through a raw food diet*

ETA - this obviously should apply to everyone, not just SAHMs, as the original title said... it's just that I see the "I don't have time" line most often from SAHMs. I promise if you have time to do everything else, you have time to treat and fuel your body correctly.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Replies (31-40):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Some don't.

I have plenty if time to walk the dog for an hour each day and jump on my eliptical each morning. Not everyone does.

Many SAHMs are busier than working moms.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I agree, but I most often hear SAHMs using the "I don't have time" line.

Quoting danie24:

Why just SAHMs?

Everyone should exercise and eat healthy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I don't see how it's anyone's business what I do with my body... but thanks for giving me your opinion. Have a fan freaking tastic day! 

Loving19mommy92
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I hear a lot of people say that and as a sahm I will say this I find 30 minutes a day to exercise,20 to shower, and an hour for my self that's almost 2 hours of me time. My dd will exercise with me and nap time I can shower and my husband gladly watches dd so I can spend some me time. I wonder when their sitting on the couch watching tv with their kiddo's or just playing if they ever think hey I can go for a walk I have a stroller or omg YouTube has some great workouts. I am not calling anyone out just agreeing a lot of my sahm friends have time to work out they just don't want to. 

CafeMom Tickers
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Well being you do not live with most SAHMs you really do not know what their day entails. They might not actually have the time. I see that you carved the time out to make this post...you could have been exercising...I already been exercised....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting danie24:

Why just SAHMs?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM
I agree. I work out daily, and am a sahm. My son will do Pilates with me. Do you think they need to do it for their husbands or their health?
Beautiful31mom
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Quoting danie24:

Some don't.

I have plenty if time to walk the dog for an hour each day and jump on my eliptical each morning. Not everyone does.

Many SAHMs are busier than working moms.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting danie24:

Why just SAHMs?

That is an excuse you can MAKE time. It is not hard. 

Daisypath Halloween tickers

Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Yeah, its super easy to go for a run or go to the gym. I go alone all the time! Not! I do exercise, but I have to take 4 kids or get up before 6am to do it. I barely get to pee alone. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM

i know that but working mom's have that option...they could do that got for a run go home do some sit ups lol whatever it's MUCH easier to find time (in most cases) as a working mom to work on your body....

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting bluebunbun:

lmao sahm most of the time get very little to no time alone mom's that work can hit the gym for 30 min before coming home....

you don't have to hit the gym to get a work out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Waking before the kids, nap time, physical activity with the kids... all these are options.

Exercise doesn't have to be at the gym, only during alone time, or grueling work.

Quoting bluebunbun:

lmao sahm most of the time get very little to no time alone mom's that work can hit the gym for 30 min before coming home....

Willow.wind
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I think you may be right... I know if I spent half the time I do on here cm to exercise I would be in good shape...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)