Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think part of a MOMs job should be... *edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
To take care of her own body. Sure, cleaning, cooking, playing, and all that is a
part of the job, but your own health should be at or near the top of the list.

I don't buy ANYONE'S reasoning of "I don't have time to exercise or eat right" as an excuse, but especially SAHMs. You should be able to carve time to focus on your body throughout the day, or incorporate it into your lifestyle with ease.

*of course, barring TRUE medical conditions...many of which can be reversed or at least maintained through a raw food diet*

ETA - this obviously should apply to everyone, not just SAHMs, as the original title said... it's just that I see the "I don't have time" line most often from SAHMs. I promise if you have time to do everything else, you have time to treat and fuel your body correctly.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I think you should post a picture of yourself so we can see how perfect everyone should look.

Willow.wind
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM
But instead I think I will go eat some homemade cheeses enchiladas for breakfast... Lol
redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I could agree if you're talkin about takin time to recharge yourself and pamper yourself.

You can only give, give, give so much of yourself before you need to give back to yourself.

Not sure where the hell the raw food came from??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Yes, we should all exercie and eat healthy.  Everyone, but I don't agree that a "raw food" diet is the be all to end all.  I think a healthy balanced diet includes a lot of things.  I also think an OCCASIONAL "bad" food choice isn't going to undo everything. Moderation is key and exercise is a must.  Now, I am going to finish my piece of pizza and do some more household chores. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I'm a SAHM. I'm eating a BBQ Pizza from Papas, about to demolish these honey wongs and Apple pie and wash it down with this 2 liter Sierra Mist.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Ditto this.

Quoting mich.el.le:

I think people should stfu with what my sahm responsibilities are.

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Well, it just so happens that my bodies favorite fuel is cookies.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I eat well, mostly. And i have time to work out, but i would rather do other things with that time. And you shouldnt give a fuck if i work out or not.

tammy924
by Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I am a sahm of 4. But I actually have very little time to stay home. I've been working out for about 8 months now and it's made a big difference in my life. I'm happy and healthier. It has been hard to stick with it but I have. Some people just have no motivation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I think people should mind their own bodies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN