Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can someone tell me the rape, abortion, pregnancy, gods will thing to me please?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'z not so efficiant at  da google... Really I am too lazy to google it and am WAY more interested in hearing a cm perspective. I keep seeing something on facebook about one of the presidential candidates saying something about rape and gods will and something something.. please explain this to me?

by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Replies (21-27):
picturechic
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 3:09 PM
i quoted the wrong person
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting myname27:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting myname27:

um i dont think he meant that it was God's will to have a man rape a woman... like really, who would believe or say that. God does not make sin. come on people.  romney is just against abortions

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7

ok i read that script. God is saying that he will create "disaster" if people do not acknowlede him. But God does not like evil and nor does evil come from him. God will allow bad things to happen to certain people if he thinks necessary. But if something terrible happens its not like he did it KWIM

OMFG. If god created EVERYTHING, he created evil and sin or are you telling me Satan created that and in that case, isn't he just as powerful as god? Also, if god is the original creator of evil and he uses it or allows it to exist, he IS just as guilty as the person doing the evil.

The very fact that you think it's okay for your god to cause suffering 'if he feels it necessary' is highly disturbing. Letting harm come to an innocent person for whatever reason is not loving...

God created everything.  He created beings with free will.  He created Satan as a perfect, powerful Angel.  That angel decided on his own to follow his own course and in that way created evil.  Evil is anything contrary to god's will and laws.  God is incapable of evil because he does not go against his own will.  Satan is very powerful, but he has his limits, where god has none.  God promises to get rid of all evil at his appointed time.  We just have to decide if we want to follow god or take a course against him.  Allowing something to happen and causing something to happen are two different things.

Saerise
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Good can come from even the worst things in life. I myself was raped as a teen. It made me a stronger person, going through that, even though I didn't become pregnant.

I can honestly say I don't believe the man was trying to advocate rape in any way. 

Quoting myname27:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting myname27:

um i dont think he meant that it was God's will to have a man rape a woman... like really, who would believe or say that. God does not make sin. come on people.  romney is just against abortions

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7

hmmm..i will have to look into this. Do you think God likes when bad things happen because i dont. im just trying to see what u think. i am against abortions but i do not think God wants men to rape woman and get them pregnant. i do not think woman should abort for any reason inluding rape. i am 100% pro life

Shelbypb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
God should not be in politics IMO
CafeMom Tickers
H.E.Smama
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Looking for the love button! THANK YOU!!

Quoting Shelbypb:

God should not be in politics IMO

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelbypb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Lol that is one of the things I hate about the government

Quoting H.E.Smama:

CafeMom Tickers
grnhsegoddess
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM

No one said God LIKES it when bad things happen, just that hes the creator of ALL things...and i think you don't know what you would do if you were put in certain circumstances regarding being 100% pro life. Like, pro whose life? Would you sacrifice your life to preserve your babies if that would make your baby an orphan? Or if you were the victim of an especially brutal rape and assault? Not that they aren't all brutal, but the point is...it shouldn't be anyone's decision besides the person going thru it. And do we really want our politicians making decisions on what their interpretation of Gods will is? Not me. What if the politician is of a different religion? I don't want a Jewish president telling me i have to circumcise my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN