Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
For blowing up at my sister? I get so tired of her always yelling and getting on to my ds! My sister her dh and dd lives with my mom and dad so anytime I want to visit with my parents she of course is there. Well she thinks her dd does no wrong no matter what! My niece could probably get away with murder in my sisters eyes (my niece is 2) Well every time I go over there my ds gets in trouble for everything and I'm so fing tired of it! Example the other day he went to go play outside (I let him play outside by himself he is 5 and we have a fenced in yard) and my niece wanted to go but my sis told her not right now and my ds was told to hurry out the door so my niece couldn't get out. So he did and gets in trouble because he almost smashed her fingers. Yesterday he got a new toy for being good and doing all his chores and he took it to my moms to show her well my niece wanted it and my ds got yelled at for not sharing! It his brand new toy I don't feel he should have to! It would be different his he had 2 of them yes I would make him give her one to play with. But anyways I got fed up today I flipped on here and told her I was so tired of her always screaming at my son and never disciplining her child. She had to nerve to tell me my son is a spoiled fing brat and always acted like that and I needed to learn how to parent him!! Whew that was the wrong thing to say... I was so pissed I honestly can't remember what I said to her after that I blanked out I just know she got my niece and left. I know my ds isn't perfect by any means but he is only 5! Was I in the wrong for standing up for my ds??? Sorry so long needed to vent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
poietes
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Some toys are just toys that 2 people cant play with and if he was playing with it then of course he shouldnt have to give it to her. They only way I will say you are wrong is if you yelled at her in front of the kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thomasmom07
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Yes my son was being a little to loud my bil was asleep it's not the fact he was told to quiet down but the fact yes my niece is only 2 but she still needs to be corrected right? But she didn't she kept running and screaming and nothing was said. That's what upset me.

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Was someone sleeping or trying to have a conversation when he was "laughing too loud"?  Was it one of those things where he was being intentionally obnoxious?  A 2 year old might not know that running around the house screaming isn't ok, a 5 year old should.  There is a pretty significant difference between these two ages, so if he's acting up, it's a little different than if she is, you know?

Quoting Thomasmom07:

No def not the only times every time I go over there he gets in trouble another example he got in trouble for laughing to loud the other day but my niece runs around screaming and nothing was said. I always make him share his toys but he just got that one is was new and he was playing with it at that point in time.

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Are these the only two instances?  The toy thing, idk.  I would have encouraged him to share.  I assume that you expect your niece to share her toys with your son when you are there, why shouldn't he share?  Sharing is caring!

Without knowing more about the situation, I couldn't really say if you were out of line or not, but you probably should have said something to her when you were calm, instead of blowing up at her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tndsmomma28
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM

If you knew your child was being too loud, why didn't YOU say something?  Maybe she disciplines your child because YOU won't?

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Yes my son was being a little to loud my bil was asleep it's not the fact he was told to quiet down but the fact yes my niece is only 2 but she still needs to be corrected right? But she didn't she kept running and screaming and nothing was said. That's what upset me.

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Was someone sleeping or trying to have a conversation when he was "laughing too loud"?  Was it one of those things where he was being intentionally obnoxious?  A 2 year old might not know that running around the house screaming isn't ok, a 5 year old should.  There is a pretty significant difference between these two ages, so if he's acting up, it's a little different than if she is, you know?

Quoting Thomasmom07:

No def not the only times every time I go over there he gets in trouble another example he got in trouble for laughing to loud the other day but my niece runs around screaming and nothing was said. I always make him share his toys but he just got that one is was new and he was playing with it at that point in time.

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Are these the only two instances?  The toy thing, idk.  I would have encouraged him to share.  I assume that you expect your niece to share her toys with your son when you are there, why shouldn't he share?  Sharing is caring!

Without knowing more about the situation, I couldn't really say if you were out of line or not, but you probably should have said something to her when you were calm, instead of blowing up at her.

LUvmYBOyS2009
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

WOOO YOU GO GIRL I SWEAR IF I HAD A SISTER AND SHE DID THAT TO ME ID DO JUST WHAT YOU DID ... 

Thomasmom07
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I had walked outside to help my mom with groceries! Like I said is not the fact she said something to my ds because yes his laugh was a little loud but the fact that she stops my ds from laughing but let's hers run around the house screaming for no reason!

Quoting tndsmomma28:

If you knew your child was being too loud, why didn't YOU say something?  Maybe she disciplines your child because YOU won't?

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tndsmomma28
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Was someone trying to sleep when your niece was screaming? 

Quoting Thomasmom07:

I had walked outside to help my mom with groceries! Like I said is not the fact she said something to my ds because yes his laugh was a little loud but the fact that she stops my ds from laughing but let's hers run around the house screaming for no reason!

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Thomasmom07
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Yes! It was seconds after my ds was told to quiet down that she starts screaming.

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Was someone trying to sleep when your niece was screaming? 

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tndsmomma28
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Screaming playing or screaming crying?

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Yes! It was seconds after my ds was told to quiet down that she starts screaming. 
Thomasmom07
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Screaming playing but my ds was only laughing while playing and trust me her screams are much louder than any laugh they are ear piercing

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Screaming playing or screaming crying?

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Sounds like me and my cousin. When we were younger I got in trouble for everything and anything. while my cousin got no discpline what sever. She was completly spoiled. And my aunt nvr understood why I didn't like her dd why I nve wanted to play or hang out with the kid. I had alot of resentment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)